Chapter One

Heaven and hell. Good and evil. Its believed that these two things exist to create balance in a world that would otherwise be unbalanced. Disturbing these two balancing forces of good and evil would cause catastrophic events, and reality itself to shift as we know it. Welcome to The Hellcat Chronicles. A story, much like others, that is about balance, and what would happen if this delicate relationship was shattered. The story begins in heaven, where two angels are guarding the front gates. Those two are Samael, a young and impulsive Angel, And Raziel, Samael's best friend, who stood closely next to Samael. Raziel was a loyal and quiet angel. All angels are born with their jobs, these two angels, Samael and Raziel, were born to be guards of heavens pearly gates.

Samael was beautiful, light blue, his pelt shone like the sky in the mid-day. he had large, fluffy, golden wings. one of his eyes were purple, and the other was golden. Raziel was a light red color, similar to the color of roses in a beautiful field. her wings were huge and a light grey color. they glowed ever so slightly. her eyes were a glowing, light green color.

"We guard these stupid gates for hours and nothing ever happens. What's the point?" Samael growled, sheathing and unsheathing his claws. he dug his long, white claws into the soft clouds beneath his paws. Raziel looked at Samael with shock and amusement.

"You don't mean that. our job is important, Sam," Raziel smiled, puffing out her chest proudly. she neatly tucked her fluffy, red wings behind her back. "Without us, demons would get into heaven!"

Samael frowned dramatically, holding back a laugh. "At least something would be happening. nothing ever happens here," Samael grumbled, flicking his tail, causing a puff of cloud to float up a bit.

Raziel gasped dramatically, "You don't mean that," She laughed softly as she gently nudged Samael with her wings. Samael's bright, golden wings opened up, displaying their beauty.

"I could beat any demon who comes my way!" Samael said, fluffing his wings to make them look bigger and scarier. Raziel laughed in amusement.

"Yeah, alright," She smiled, admiring Samael's beautiful, golden wings. Samael tucked his wings away, sitting down and neatly tucking his tail around his paws.

Samael truthfully hated his job and hated heaven. heaven was too perfect, too quiet, too beautiful. but Samael couldn't change his job. he also would never want to leave Raziel all alone.

Samael turned as he saw two Angels flying towards him and Raziel. "Looks like our shifts over," Samael commented. A golden-brown angel landed in front of Samael, the Angel gave a small nod, signaling that Samael and Raziel could leave. Samael offered the angel a small smile before gesturing to Raziel.

Samael opened his wings, and with one strong movement, his paws lifted from the cloud covered ground. he closed his eyes and smiled as he felt himself being lifted up by his wings. Raziel floated softly besides him.

"Where shall we go today?" Raziel asked. Samael thought for a second, his wings flapping softly behind him. Samael and Raziel had practically been everywhere in heaven, the world was still new, there wasn't much heaven to explore yet. New creatures were still being made every day.

"Might as well go bother the archangels again," Samael smirked mischievously. Raziel scoffed softly. "it could be fun! The archangels always have something going on, they get news on whats happening on earth!" Samael smiled innocently. Samael only wanted to talk to Lucifer. Samael admired Lucifer. He was one of the highest up angels you could get, and he was admired by many angels throughout heaven. Lucifer had done many good deeds throughout his life, and he deserved his position. Despite being a higher up, he talked with many lower angels frequently and set up a reputation for himself, being kind, selfless, and just a nice angel to be around.