Chapter 12: Unexpected Encounters!

| Utility Maintenance Tunnels

The little boy continued to break down as he sobbed loudly while on the ground with his tears falling off his face and staining the floor, which formed a small puddle. Meanwhile the blonde security guard walked up to him and kneeled beside him as she put her hands on his shoulders while gently patting his head and trying her best to comfort him.

"Gregory... it's gonna be okay, Freddy will be alright." Vanessa said soothingly as she wrapped both her arms around him and pulled him into a hug as she then ruffled his hair trying to comfort him. The boy didn't turn around to hug back as he continued crying. The blonde woman helped wipe away some of his tears from his eyes as she then began to provide the boy with comforting words.

"It's gonna be okay, kiddo." She said as she continued to hold him in her arms. The boy remained quiet for a good moment before deciding to speak.

"Why?" Gregory muttered quietly, Vanessa loosened her grip on him, before raising a brow.

"What?" She asked in a confused tone, unsure of what he said.

"Why... why didn't you do anything!" The boy shouted as he broke out of Vanessa's embrace, she didn't know how to respond back to him.

"We could've helped Freddy from getting taken, but you didn't do anything to help him! You could've just opened up the charging station but NO! You just left him there so that freaky Moon thing could take him away!" Gregory shouted as he wiped away the tears he had earlier in his eyes.

"Gregory I..." Vanessa tried to speak up but couldn't come up with anything to say to him.

"I thought I could trust you because Freddy had trusted YOU!" Shouted Gregory as he pointed at Vanessa with rage, the blonde tried talking back but the boy beat her to it once again. "But what did you do? You just decided to hide away like a coward!"

Vanessa then started getting annoyed as she then began to glare at Gregory before speaking back to him in a stern tone.

"Kid, listen to me! What did YOU want me to do about it!?" She shouted back at the boy.

"Did you want us to stay out in the open so that the Daycare Attendant would try to hurt you!? Kiddo you've got to understand that in these types of situations it can be hard to help anyone, and even if I could do something, I would've, but you saw how Moondrop overpowered us, and how he almost choked the living crap out of me!?" Vanessa shouted as Gregory huffed at her reason before deciding to argue back at the security guard.

"So what!? Even if Freddy could die, would you just stand there and do nothing while letting it happen?" The boy replied, making the security guard let out an annoyed sigh before speaking back at him.

"Gregory, please, you don't understand!" She replied back, but didn't listen to what she had to say before immediately talking back to her.

"No, I understand perfectly!" Gregory said as he turned back to look at Vanessa before he suddenly pointed at her.

"This is all your FAULT! I should have never trusted you to begin with! You are not a security guard, you're just a coward, you don't care about anything, heck the reason you're probably helping me right now is because it's your JOB to do so!" The brunette boy yelled at the blonde security guard.

"You don't give a crap about anything, or even ME! All you just care about is getting paid and nothing more!" Gregory stated in pure rage. However Vanessa had enough once the boy had said these words as she immediately raised her voice at him, as she no longer tolerated this attitude the boy was giving her.

"HEY! You WATCH your attitude with me young man!" The blonde woman yelled at the boy as she pointed at him.

"You should know, that what you just said isn't true at all! I do DEEPLY care! For both you and Freddy and ESPECIALLY those missing children from that newspaper! Just because it's my job, doesn't mean I don't care! Do you remember when I saved you from Roxy earlier!? Was that not enough for you!? Did that mean anything to you!? Are you even grateful that we're both still alive!?" She yelled back, now sounding annoyed and frustrated by the boy's rant and not appreciating the way he was speaking to her, however the boy maintained his ground as he once again argued back.