Chapter 19

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 19

Harper

We have a rule as roommates, as family. No sex in common areas of our homes. This was driven home after Hunter and Wyatt's little foray on the island in the pool house and the lovely video that went viral thanks to Roan.

No inside home video systems, no common area sexual activity, no physical contact of any kind whatsoever. No one wants to see that or walk in on that. Especially me. A lesson needs to be learned here, so finally I get my chance to be the teacher.

Being the younger of the cousins, I have endured the lessons of life from Aiden, and Hunter, Bri and Sawyer. It's finally my time. And since Dad's been clear in his feelings about Sawyer and Mad Max, this will be hilarious!

When I came back into the apartment, I expected to find the two arguing about Sawyer's inability to choose a woman and stay faithful. I figured there would be several broken items, specifically glassware, that had been aimed at his head. The last thing I thought I would find was the sexy lace bra hanging from the lamp.

Mentally, I high fived my cousin. However, my devious mind went quickly to work on how I could exploit this opportunity. Then I got my moment.

Doing my best impression of my dad, I deepened my voice, and decided to scare the shit out of Sawyer. It worked perfectly! "I know I told you this wasn't going to happen!"

Sawyer had enough balls to stay where he was and keep the woman covered. Carefully, he reached out and grabbed his own shirt and put it on Madeline before he stood up to face me. But before he turned, before he realized I wasn't Cade, he was already fumbling for an explanation.

"Look, I know what you said, Cade. We didn't plan for this to happen. If you can just give us a minute to sit down and talk about this..." turning around with no shirt on, scratch marks down his chest (holy smokes the woman did that?! Another high five my man!) and a red face, Sawyer finally faced me as I laughed my ass off.

"You want to explain this to Cade?" I dangled the bra in my hand. Sawyer yanked it away from me and handed it back to a very embarrassed Madeline.

"I think that belongs to you," I politely point out, as Sawyer glares over his shoulder at me.

"Harper? What the hell!!" He yells as I fall back into a chair roaring with the tears in my eyes.

"Oh my God, wait! Wait! I can't yet!" I'm laughing too hard to catch my breath. He really thought I was Cade. That's classic. Even Dad would be proud of this one.

"You're an asshole!" He growls as Madeline finishes buttoning up his shirt. I hide my smirk. I don't have the heart to tell her that she's about three buttons off from being buttoned correctly. Or that the T-shirt Sawyer threw on is inside out.

"I thought you were going down to raid the cookie jar," Sawyer reminds me of why I came back.

"I was, Grandma wanted me to invite you two to come to dinner later. Matt is getting a company statement ready for tomorrow. She wants all of us together for it. You too, Madeline. They are going through the details at dinner tonight, including what they plan on doing about Axel. I don't think it was a request. Anyway, I volunteered to deliver the information. Good thing I did or Dad would have seriously lost his shit!"

"You can't say anything, Harp," Sawyer's first inclination has always been to hide the evidence when he's done something he knows he wasn't supposed to do.

"Sawyer's right. Cade was clear he's against this. We made a mistake," Madeline began but I don't think that Sawyer agrees with her. "If he ever finds out... what?"