Chapter 2 - Cheers!

—— Day 1——

I shifted in my red silk dress. It wasn't uncomfortable, the thigh-high slit provided ample mobility. It was just that, despite feeling a little bit better about the whole situation, I still wasn't really in the mood to get all dressed up. I wish we had a chill night in the suite, but it was the first night in Vegas so I sucked it up instead.

I reapplied my lipstick as Hana, Aisha, James and I waited for Gwen and Veronica. Everyone was dressed immaculately with Hana in a black, off-shoulder jumpsuit, Aisha wearing a deep blue, halter-neck, floor-length dress and James in his maroon suit complete with a bowtie.

Yes, pointy shoes included.

I smacked my lips, shut my compact mirror and flipped my blonde hair over my shoulder. "Where is Gwen? Why is she so late?"

"What do you think?" Hana snorted, she held up both hands, forming 'O' with her pointer fingers and thumbs and bumped them together.

James chuckled and Aisha shook her head. I just looked at her incredulously.

"Is that how you think women have sex with each other?"

"I know it's one of the ways," Hana said.

"Well, I mean-" I got cut off by familiar giggles before I could reply, probably for the best.

"Hello, my dear friends!" Gwen greeted us enthusiastically, giving us a big wave with one arm while the other held onto Veronica's. Gwen was in an emerald green V-neck dress with long sleeves and Veronica was wearing a black oversized blazer and a white shirt on the inside with the top few buttons were undone. They smiled were both suspiciously smiley.

Aisha seemed to notice too and narrow her eyes at them. "Why are you both smiling? And why are you late?"

They looked at each other cheekily. "Because," Gwen drew out for dramatic effect and then pointed at her girlfriend who pulled some cards out of her jacket pocket, brandishing it to us proudly. "V and I got you guys casino cards for later! There's only $50 each though so don't go too crazy, at least not yet."

Hana and James cheered as Veronica passed them a card each. "You guys are sweet, but you didn't have to do this," Aisha said with blandishment as she accepted the card.

"We wanted to, think of it as a graduation gift," V said with a shrug. "And for James, as a thank you for driving us."

James graduated last year, so he was the odd one out. He's also the only guy in the group but he is an honorary woman in commemoration of being Aisha's boyfriend of almost three years and so we treated him as such.

"Thank you," he said with his hand over his chest and bowed slightly, like the dork he was.

Gwen passed me the last card with a shit-eating grin on her face. "Well, Harp, is there anything you'd like to say to us?" she teased as she waved the card at me.

"Thank you for enabling my self-destructive streak even more," I rolled my eyes but smiled as I took the card from her.

"When in Vegas, baby!" she laughed.

"I thought you guys were fucking, but this is way better," Hana said bluntly while pocketing her card.

Gwen gasped in mock scandalisation but V just crossed her arms and looked down, trying not to laugh. "Me? And make my wonderful friends wait? Why I'd never!"