01

𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗘
𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗡𝗘

𝗂, new kid

Rory's ears perked up as the bell resonated through the corridors, signaling the end of the period. Instantly, her expression shifted, a mix of frustration and urgency clouding her features. "Shit, I gotta go."

"Where? To science?" Daphne's disbelief was evident in the raised arch of her eyebrows as Rory darted out of sight, leaving her friend behind.

For anyone who knew Rory well, it was no secret that the only class she would ever rush to was music, and even then, it was a rare occurrence.

"I get to skip science. I have to tour some new kid around!" Rory shouted back, her voice echoing as she walked backward, ensuring she could still face her friend.

"Lucky," Daph groaned, tilting her head and watching Rory sprint down the halls.

Rory maneuvered through the bustling crowds, offering quick greetings as she weaved through the throng. Her shoulder brushed against a few people, her pace relentless as she made her way through the maze of hallways, finally arriving at the office. Bursting through the doors, she found herself panting heavily, having just traversed half the school. And West Valley High was no small campus.

"I'm here!" She exclaimed breathlessly, her hand pressed against her chest as she glanced at the new boy standing beside her, watching her with a bemused expression.

He smiled at her, a light chuckle escaping him as she stumbled backward slightly from the sudden stop.

"Rory Quinn, making a stellar first impression," she sighed, stealing a glance at Counsellor Blatt, who shot her a warning look.