May the odds be ever in your favour

"Dear Milleliths, you might have the wrong person," Master Liu Siu speaks up at last and tries to walk closer to where Childe was.

He is blocked by the Millelith that crowded around the redhead and gets a polite warning instead. "We indeed have the right person. Please don't be fooled by this innocent looking man, Liu Siu Xiansheng," the commander of the group says as he gives a nasty glare towards Childe.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. I have never used counterfeit mora in my life," Childe counters, feeling confused about this predicament he is currently in.

The commander looks as if he wants to roll his eyes but refrains himself and continues to speak, "Further discussions regarding this matter will be after we take you to Jade Chamber. Stop resisting, and perhaps you might receive a lighter punishment for your blasphemy."

A handful of the teahouse patrons start their murmuring. It's not loud, but enough to make out what they're saying.

"Tsk tsk tsk... See, this is why we should never trust a qigai."

"What do you mean by qigai? He doesn't behave like one. I'm sure you meant to say Snezhnayan. Aiyah...Sometimes I wonder why Dijun and the Qixing let them all trade in the harbour."

"Hush now! Don't be rude. It's the Fatui who are trouble."

"And? Most Fatui are Snezhnayans."

"Oh...I thought the boy was from Fontaine, blue eyes and all."

"Pshhh... I heard the boy talk distinctly in Snezhnayan a few times to himself. I'm not that old to be deaf."

So they've already begun to gossip, huh.

There was no way out of this. The gods must truly hate him. Not only did he get fooled in Liyue, arrive in a strange Liyue, and get called names by the locals, but also got accused of creating counterfeit mora. Well, the gods hated him, since the instant he was born. How could he forget about falling into the abyss at the shy age of 14? Which entirely changed the trajectory of his life.

Childe pauses his self-deprecating thoughts, with a resigned sigh, he holds his hands out, and the Milleliths in charge quickly handcuff him. Meanwhile, Sir Fan Er'ye and Master Liu Siu observed the entire scene play with an unfamiliar look in their eyes. Surely, it must be disgust. He couldn't tell– with the way the two were frowning so hard.

With arrogance, one of the younger Milleliths harrumphs, and tips his head upwards, "Let us leave." He then pointedly scrutinises Childe and resumes his spiel, "Don't think about escaping! It's nearly impossible to. Those handcuffs are made specially by Liuyun Jiefeng Zhenzhun."

I wasn't even going to escape, you doofus. How annoying.

"Yes, yes.... Tie me up, bind me, strip me, whatever. I will not run away, lest I want the wrath of the rock," he says in an annoyed voice. Speaking with these haughty Milleliths and nobles rubbed him in all the wrong ways.

The Millelith however looks back at him with scorn, it seems like he said something wrong because the soldier replies with seething venom, "How dare you carelessly speak of his imperial majesty like that! Another word and I might as well chop that tongue off!"

"Youxu– that's enough. There will be consequences if you act without orders," the commander cautions the younger.

"But Ge... I mean... Seargent Fengyan, this lunatic needs to be disciplined!" the one named Youxu says in earnest.

"Indeed, however, we are unqualified to issue such punishments." He reprimands Youxu, before facing his team. "Soldiers, make haste. It will be sundown by the time we make it to Yujing Terrace," Sergeant Fengyan barks out loud enough for the entire teahouse to hear and there is pin drop silence. All the chattering stopped.