Chapter 24 - sayonara.

The final day had come for onyx. Upon sun set, she was going to be back in crystalopolis. Pearl had spent the night, having spent the whole of the last week having fun with Jake, but alas the day had come. Onyx woke up groggily, and she looked at her phone. 7AM, she woke up and walked downstairs. She found the rest of her family down there. The core bearers were waiting for her and the first thing she did was get in a group hug. "Are you ready for this?" Granite asked getting on onyx's eye level.

"Nope." she then took a deep breath. "Let's do this thing." granite smiled at her, however onyx's and pearl's phone started blowing up with text messages. "A break in at area 64?" pearl asked, making sure onyx was getting the same message. "Great, looks like we're going to have to go and bail them out. Again." onyx responded, her speed core and green highlights glowing. Ready to run. She looked over to see the others ready to help out. The group headed outside, onyx was the first to bolt off, but everybody else had managed to stay in her vision. By far she was the fastest, but the others were keeping up, using flames and air currents to move fast, or using waves of water and stones to keep up. It didn't take long for them to reach area 64, but on arrival they found the gates that protected the building where destroyed. Onyx looked at the damage.

"This has to be a displaced."

"One from inside or outside?" Pearl ended up asking. Onyx looked at the damaged, the chain-link fence was bowing inwards slightly. "It was external. Somebody broke in."

"I could've told you that." Cath stated walking over, Cat, Gwen, Ted, Olivia and Beth with her.

"And it was some kind of a displaced. I wanted to let you just rest, but this is getting serious." Beth explained, her uni-guardian uniform showing its self-off. Her gauntlet back on her wrist. "What did they take?" granite asked, trying to take charge.

"Best we can tell, it's an enhancer and old displaced left here when sparkles took everybody back home."

"Define enhancer." ruby responded to Cath's comment.

"Able to boost the natural abilities of anybody. On our volunteers it enhanced their speed and strength. We were trying to reverse engineer it, but even custom making it would be expensive and a waste of resources."

"So, a displaced took a piece of displaced tech?" onyx asked, holding her hand to her chin. Ready to pull out her sword at a moment's notice. "Unfortunately, you can't displace tech. Only organic matter can be 'displaced'. Or that's what Ava has said to me. Same goes for the elemental crystals that makes up your powers. Spade that to the list of reasons they never found you guys." Beth responded, the rest of the team walking over to the core bearers. Cath wanting to tag along. Beth stopped her. "Make sure our displaced didn't take anything else." Cath nodded, reluctantly and headed back inside.

"So, any ideas on where our displaced is?" Pearl asked, leaning on Beth's shoulder. Beth looked over at her gauntlet. The screen on it showed where the displaced was. The town's centre. "All right let's go and bag our last displaced before we have to go home." onyx stated, standing at the front of the group turning her head back, grabbing the sword from the sheath on her side and raising it into the air. "Do you have to be that extra?" Beth asked, keeping her eyes locked to her gauntlet. "Come on, you know me."

"Good point, I've texted you the coordinates and a picture of the enhancer., think you can get there and see what there up to?"

"You got it captain sparkles." onyx responded, taking off, her green and grey trail being left behind as she ran as fast as she could, dust kicking up as she ran. As she reached the town's centre, she stood on top of the tallest building around and she looked around. She then noticed something suspicious. Someone was wearing a trench coat, and not only that, but she could also see he was holding something. It was definitely some advance tech, and one she took a look at the picture Beth had texted her, the device was the same. She began to call Beth. "Yeah, found the guy. He's doing something in the town centre. Should I move forward or stand my ground." she asked, waiting to hear back from who she had now considered the team leader, at least for the youth of the team. "We're still not going to make it for a few minutes. Stop him from hurting anybody."