Kalos Beginnings: Whispers of the Past

??? Pov:

"Bye, Mom. Love you! C'mon, Pikachu!" I exclaimed, my backpack slung over one shoulder, the anticipation of a new day tingling in the air.

Pikachu hopped onto my shoulder, waving to Mom, who returned the gesture with a smile as we set off.

Strolling through the lively streets of Vaniville Town, I observed the hustle and bustle. People, accompanied by their Pokémon, hurried to school and work.

Gazing at the morning sky, I noticed the gentle sun, its warmth not as intense as usual. Summer was almost over, and so were my holidays.

Sigh... I couldn't even finish that game I was sure I'd complete during the holidays, thanks to those pesky weekly bosses interrupting my story quest progress.

Oh, right, you're probably wondering who I am, rambling on like a novel protagonist. Ahem... let me introduce myself. I'm Ash Ketchum from Vaniville Town,

Eh, that doesn't sound catchy. Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town had a better ring. But since I'm currently living in Vaniville Town, well, deal with it.

I used to live in the Kanto region, my birthplace. I even spent half of my school years there. At first, it was fun; I had friends, a best friend. Even though I wasn't the brightest student, it used to be the best school for me with my friends by my side.

Having so many friends must be great, right? I thought so too, but every story has its antagonist. Mine wasn't exactly a bad guy, more like a dose of reality that bursts your fantasy bubble. In short, he entered the school, spread some nasty rumors, and I became the laughing stock almost every day.

You might think it's common nowadays, just don't let yourself down, your friends are with you, blah, blah...

Sure, some friends they were.

Instead of believing me, they believed the rumors, and as you would have guessed Arguments and fights ensued, and I lost all my friends..

Losing friends is tough, but when your best friend, the one you've known since childhood, with whom you've shared every secret, even the embarrassing ones, whom you trusted more than anyone else, starts believing those rumors and begins to ignore you, Ah... the heartbreak. So bittersweet.

Sigh... Guess that's what they call fate, but anyway, after those friends turned their back, I became a lone person without any friends, and the rumors didn't help much either.

Just like that, before the matter became worse, my mom decided to transfer me to another school in another region. She transferred her work region, and voilà, here I am attending Lumiose High.

"Pika,pi?" Pikachu poked my cheeks, with his paws, interrupting the story, as he pointed at a house. I turned to the house; he was pointing and asked,

"What is it, buddy?"

"Pika!" He turned to me, pointing at a truck outside the house and some people unloading things.

The house was empty from the moment I shifted to Kalos; I guess we're getting neighbors now.

"Looks like finally someone decided to shift into that house," I shrugged off as I continued walking to the bus stop.

It's good to see somebody shifting into the neighborhood. To be honest, that house was starting to creep me out at night after watching those late-night horror shows.

Pikachu, still perched on my shoulder, and I finally reached the bus stop. It seemed like no one had arrived yet.

As I reached the bus stop, I opened my bag, took out a pair of circular specs, and placed them on my eyes, then started straightening my hair a little.