GEN 1 ~ ORIGINS [Mano Yuriko]

Mano Yuriko was a joyful girl, a smart one in fact! Even though she didn't have parents, she still had an amazing life! She was a trivia genius and loved playing trivia with her friends. And most of the time, she would win. People loved her for her bright personality and her smart mind. She wasn't exactly athletic but she loved playing sports for fun with her friends, considering her healthy body. She was 16 and living the first year of high school amazingly! She did have some troubles during middle school with some friends but now she's ready to start off fresh in her new year of school with a bunch of her friends during her middle school years!

But she didn't expect her happiness to end so...badly.

During her 2nd semester of her first year of high school, she started to feel faint, her body clearly didn't keep up with her daily movements in school. She once almost passed out during PE which raises concern from teachers and friends, especially her family. She was soon taken to her doctor and she was diagnosed with a really bad illness and she had to be hospitalized throughout her last two school terms of her first year of high school.

She was sad, angry even. Why did this have to happen now? Why couldn't she just live the rest of her first year having fun? The negative thoughts swarmed her mind and she knew this wasn't good for her well-being so she calmed herself down. 'This won't be that long, right?' She reassured herself. She thought she would be fine after a few months, right?

But as time went by and her condition was getting worse, she started to lose her hope of ever getting back to her friends. She wasn't financially off and the only reason why she got into that school was through a scholarship which she barely managed to hold onto. Her days in the hospital were long and painful, with tons of tests and a lot of close calls.

By now, she was nearing her end. She sat on her deathbed, awaiting death to visit her. 'This is it.' She accepted. This was her final day, her final moment, trapped in a hospital bed for a year and now she will just die without any impact on anyone.

"こんにちは!" A voice suddenly came from her hospital's door, she quickly turned her head to see a male figure with short black hair with a ribbon clipped on the side of his head, beside him was a female figure with short white hair but had her bangs a different color, a playful color of pink. The two looked energetic in her tired eyes.

"Who are you..?" Her hoarse voice asked. The male had kind eyes, looking at her with a sweet smile. "My name is Hotaru. I'm looking for people to recruit and I heard that you might be what we're looking for," he said. "And this Jamzy," he gestured to the female beside him, taking a short glance at her before looking back at her. "But, how can I?" Her voice was hesitant. "I'm sick, I can barely walk." She gestured to her feet.

Hotaru chuckled. "No worries, that can easily be fixed!" He said with a reassuring tone. "What do you?-" She was cut off when Hotaru gave her a piece of paper that entails that all of her treatment, her hospital bills, will be all paid by a production named "YakuKira Productions." She was shocked, she could feel the tears already starting to well up in her eyes. She couldn't believe it! Maybe it wasn't the end for her.

"And as for your studies, you may continue to do your studies and do your job as an idol during the weekends. That is.. If you accept." She turned her attention from the piece of paper to Hotaru's kind eyes. She then looked at Jamzy's eyes, her eyes as kind as Hotaru's.

For the first time in a long time, she felt herself smiling with joy.
Joy! She was finally feeling joy.

With an even bigger smile, she asked, "When can I audition?"

Hotaru smiled, relieved at her agreement to his proposal.
"You'll make it in time for the audition after your treatment."