47

When Dumbledore arrived in the hospital wing along with Professor McGonagall, it was to find Ronald Weasley lying on the bed and groaning in pain with Madam Pomfrey busily working over him, feeding him various potions in-between casting several spells. He saw Harry standing opposite him and leaning against a bed with his arms crossed while his snake familiar was on his shoulder and whispering things into his ear.

"Madam Pomfrey," Dumbledore spoke, announcing his presence to the room. "may I ask what the damage is?" He asked.

"The boy has a lot of broken bones, he broke his right arm and left wrist," She replied as she continued to treat Ron. "and he has damaged a few ribs and has suffered a bit of damage to his upper spine, luckily the damage to his spine isn't severe."

"Damn it." Harry hissed.

"It's alright, we'll get it next time." Jet replied in a soothing voice.

"He also has a bruised tailbone and a small bruise on his head." Madam Pomfrey added.

"Goodness." Professor McGonagall gasped.

"What spell was used?" Dumbledore asked, looking at Harry.

"Oh, well I actually just blasted him backwards." Harry admitted. "But I was angry enough that it had a bit more power, a bit of extra 'oomph' if you will, sent him flying backwards and he proceeded to do the worst landing I have ever seen. Now, is Mr Weasley here? And by that I mean the adult one."

"Mr Potter," Professor Dumbledore began. "Mr Weasley has been contacted, however I would like it if you please reconsider making this a matter between houses, if you do we can simply and easily settle this here."

"I will not change my mind." Harry said in a firm voice as he closed his eyes.

"Very well," Dumbledore sighed as he looked at Harry with tired eyes. "but may I at least know why this has all happened?" He asked.

"You may, sir." Harry nodded. "Though if you don't mind then I would like to at least wait until the adult Mr Weasley gets here so I will only have to explain this once. It's not really something I want to repeat multiple times, and I know that I will have to say it at least a second time to my friends."

"Fair enough, Mr Potter." Dumbledore said after a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked as he opened his eyes, noticing how tired Dumbledore looked. "No offense sir, but you look like you need a nap."

"Somehow I doubt my sleeping schedule is the issue." Dumbledore said in a dry voice.

Eventually Arthur Weasley arrived, he immediately rushed towards his son and asked Madam Pomfrey about his health. Madam Pomfrey answered his questions as best as she could before using magic to make Ron go to sleep so he could heal better, which was of course obviously the only reason for making him go to sleep. She gave everyone a nod before she walked off and headed towards her office.

"Headmaster, Professor McGonagall," Arthur said as he turned to both senior members of the Hogwarts staff. "can someone please tell me what is going on?" He asked.

"I don't quite know what is going on either, Arthur." Professor Dumbledore admitted. As he stood in-between Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape who had arrived a few minutes before Mr Weasley and had spent the last few minutes being told about everything that has happened by the other two Professor's. "All I am aware of is the fact that Mr Potter had blasted young Ronald across half the great hall."

"I am sure that's a new record." Jet hissed into Harry's ear.

"Something amusing, Mr Potter?" Snape asked when he noticed the small smile on Harry's lips.