Chapter 2: Lost and Found

Ethan opened his eyes and woke up slowly from his nice afternoon nap. The sun was still shining super bright outside, making his room all warm and cozy. He stretched his arms wide and let out a big yawn, feeling super comfy in his own bed. The day today was really peaceful, and he liked how the sun made everything feel so nice and happy. It was just one of those moments when you don't want to get out of bed because it's so comfy and nice.

"Ah, that was a good nap," Ethan mumbled to himself, looking at the clock on his little table next to his bed. "No work at the studio today, so I can just chill at home."

He woke up, swung his legs out of bed, and stood up. Then he did a big stretch that felt really nice. When he walked to the kitchen, a yummy smell filled the air – it was the coffee! Ethan had set a timer for his coffee maker before, so now there was a fresh cup just for him. Today was a perfect day to relax at home! The sun was shining, and everything felt just right. So, he decided to take it easy and enjoy the day.

"Perfect timing," he said with a smile, pouring himself a steaming cup. He took a sip and sighed in contentment. "A good cup of coffee is perfect for starting the day, or in this case, the evening."

He thought it would be nice to have his coffee on the balcony. So, he went out and felt the warm wind on his face. The neighborhood was pretty quiet, except for the sounds of kids playing far away. It was a simple and peaceful day, perfect for sipping coffee and enjoying the calm atmosphere.

Ethan took a final sip of his coffee, feeling the energy from the caffeine starting to buzz through him. He put the empty mug on the table and thought, "Why not enjoy some music now?" With a happy bounce in his step, he went to the living room. There, his guitar was waiting in its case, ready to play some tunes.

The sun cast a warm glow on the room as he reached for the guitar case. "Ah, my friend," he mumbled, a small smile forming on his face. He made his way towards the guitar case and eagerly opened it. The familiar scent of wood and strings greeted him, and he felt a sense of comfort. But as he reached in to grab his guitar, he realized something was off.

His fingers traced the neck of the guitar, anticipation building. But as he reached in to grab it, a sudden realization struck him like a lightning bolt. His eyes widened in disbelief.

"Where's my black pick?" Ethan said quietly to himself, looking a bit puzzled. He searched through the pick in the case, thinking maybe it slid to the bottom or something. But nope, it wasn't there.

Ethan thought, "Hmm, where did I put that pick?" He mumbled to himself, looking a bit puzzled. He searched in the pockets of his jacket from yesterday and even peeked under the couch cushions, trying to find it.

Panic started to set in as he desperately searched through the case, lifting the spare strings and peeking under the capo. "Come on, it must be here somewhere," he muttered, his heart racing.

He was looking everywhere, getting more and more worked up. His fingers were like super speedy, turning everything in the case upside down. "No way," he said, sounding a bit worried. "This can't be happening,"

He sat down on the floor in the living room, looking at the open case, kind of hoping the lost pick would just pop back like magic. "I've had that pick forever. It's been with me during all the music sessions and performances," he said with a sigh, running his hand through his hair.

He really wanted to find that missing pick, so he started looking around his home. He checked under the sofa, in the kitchen drawers, and even behind the TV. He looked everywhere, but that pick was nowhere to be found. Ethan was determined, though, not giving up easily on the search for the pick.

Ethan wandered through his apartment, furrowing his brow in frustration. "Where could it be?" he muttered to himself, thinking about the missing guitar pick.