Episode 6.

6- The Jewel-Red Eyes Amongst Imperial Jewel Blues

━─━────༺༻────━─━

Days seemed to drift past calmly as no more assassins visited the Obsidian Palace, but a young prince was gearing up and busy with another crisis: war.

Failing was not an option.

Technically, Aeternitheos no longer resided in the Obsidian Palace as Claude proclaimed by the end of that disastrous incident, but he spent the next few days there as he gathered himself to form an action plan for his survival, not wanting to even be in the same space as Claude. Instead of his fairy friends or deadly assailants, Felix began to visit him daily at the Obsidian Palace to notify him of Claude summoning him, only for Aeternitheos to refuse each call to the royal throne room.

Aeternitheos saw this as a last act of defiance before the impending fate Claude had decided for him. Unlike a certain emperor, he was busy with other matters as a two-year-old shouldn't be.

Caught between his loyalty to the emperor and his growing affection for the young prince, Felix tried to reassure Aeternitheos countless times that he would find a way to change Claude's mind, whilst he was also trying to convince Aeternitheos to go and see Claude each time upon being called. Each day, Felix tried to coax the prince's heart to forgive the emperor; to justify the misspoken words as bitterness for Diana's unknown status, someone the emperor held dearly to his heart and bore his everything to, despite the rumours of Diana being forgotten by him. But that honestly made Felix sound more suspicious to the young prince. After all, he heard his mother got referred to as 'wretch' by the same emperor in his presence.

Regardless, the knight truly believed his old friend would eventually come around, especially since this involved the fate of the love child between himself and Diana.

Yet, the said love child's fate seemed sealed.

Aeternitheos knew that from the very beginning.

It was also an unspoken guarantee because every day, Aeternitheos asked how many days he had left before his trip to the Siodonna Dominion was scheduled, Felix would dutifully and gloomily reply with a decreasing number of days.

Right now, Aeternitheos was preoccupied with finding a certain wizard. Clearly, his mana was immense to the point it felt boundless and rather overkill for a two-year-old, enough to obliterate kingdoms if deemed needed, yet he needed control over it to use it in a more stable and free manner because the power he held could very well just destroy himself along with it.

He settled for a trip to the Wizard Towers, specifically the Black Tower since they specialised in mana. It took a few days of research and a couple of nightmarish flashbacks before Aeternitheos teleported himself into the correct tower: a large, white tower that was quite a few feet away from the Imperial Grounds. How ironic for it to be called the Black Tower. He read in a book a few months ago that it was meant to balance out the name, like some yin-yang relationship.