18

LUCKY

LUCKY

The night becomes cooler, and I use it as an excuse to snuggle deeper into Drakkon's embrace. The sky is clear. There are no dangerous dragons, only endless adventure in the stars.

Soon, we will have to retire to bed. The thought of me attempting to seduce Drakkon is almost comical. I have nothing to work with, being practically skin and bones. The idea unnerves but excites me. I don't know if I'll have it in me tonight, but I'll try.

Taking it slow isn't an option. I've been with him for weeks, and my attraction is undeniable. I'm desperate to be taught more about life by this dragon that came into my life and humbled me. I have mostly used my body to fight and survive, not to use it as a ship to navigate pleasure. Only Drakkon can teach me this.

Besides my desire, I'm also determined to open the portal. The only way to save humanity is to cure the other dragons, but we need the help of Drakkon's people.

My gaze flickers all over the sky. The stars twinkle, each beckoning my attention.

Where are they? Where is the home of the dragons?

Drakkon's hand moves on my thigh, stroking it absentmindedly. I stare at it, and the yearning low in my belly grows. I can only hope that hand trails higher. If only I had the courage to tip my head back, look into his eyes, and ask him to devour me.

I'm not quite sure what "devour" means yet, but I know I would give myself fully, and trust him to show me what I've been missing out on all these years.

When his hand stills on my thigh, my heart drops. I'm becoming greedy.

"Look, Lucky. A shooting star."

I don't look. I'm transfixed by how his hand looks over my thigh. It's so large that it covers it entirely. Naturally, my thoughts drift to his other extremities. The glimpse I caught of his groin that first day he captured me terrified me, but now I would give my soul to see it again.

"We should go. It is getting late."

Drakkon rises and takes me with him. His arm stays wrapped around my waist as he walks over the debris. He seems to forget that I'm dangling from his hold, my weight barely registering on his thick biceps.

"Drakkon."

"Yes?"

"You can set me down."

That snaps him out of his trace. He stops to set me down, and I ask, "what had you so deep in thought?"

"It is better if you don't know."

I want to tell him that it can't possibly be as bad as what I was just imagining.

Not wanting to pressure him, I stay quiet.

He grunts. "Fine. I will tell you then."

I laugh. "But I didn't say anything."