07 - I Question My Sanity

'Are you another God I've pissed off?'

Corey walked into the Big House, fresh clothes after Capture the Flag and her hair held back by a cap she found in the lost and found. She saw Chiron and Mr D. Chiron had a solemn expression towards Corey while Mr D seemed to have his usual bored one.

"Where's Percy? Shouldn't he be here?" She asked him, rocking back on her heels. "Not yet my dear, there is something we need to discuss with you" Chiron's voice was soft, similar to the one he used when Corey first got to camp at the traumatised age of five. Corey was ready for whatever was about to be thrown at her.

"You need to stay away from Perry" Mr D spat out, opening a can of diet coke. Corey was not prepared. Her fists balled as she clenched her teeth, "I'd rather rot in Tartarus!" She spat at them, a pit in her stomach churning with her anger. "Cordelia! Calm yourself!" Chiron warned her, stomping one of his hooves. "No I will not!" Corey sneered at him.

Tears began to form, "I've been at this camp since I was five! I watched as half-bloods came here, traumatised and sometimes thrown into this world without explanation and then barely living! Some of my friends died alone! And that was before I went missing! You think I'm gonna just abandon Percy! Are you fucking serious!" Corey screamed at them, her eyes red from the tears falling.

"Cordelia, you must understand he is a forbidden child!" Chiron tried to reason with Corey. "I AM A FORBIDDEN CHILD!" Corey screamed, her throat burning as she did. "I am not abandoning him, you can turn me into whatever animal you want but I will not willingly leave my brother" Corey spat at them.

"COREY!"

Corey's eyes opened as she gasped. Her body felt strong as she looked up. Percy was staring at her with wide eyes as his blonde curls seemed to move gently like waves on a beach. "Percy" Corey let out a sigh of relief as she wrapped her arms around the boy, holding his tightly. "You're okay...you're alive" She smiled brightly as she separated from him. Percy still seemed to be in a little shock.

"You can breathe" He stated with mixed emotions. Corey narrowed her eyes at him, "What do you mean?" Corey asked him until she felt something strange. Sand. Her eyes widened as she looked around them. They were in the Mississippi river. "So you weren't lying...you're actually..." Percy trailed off as the fight between them and the Chimera became clearer.

Corey nodded, "I'm your sister" She told him with a gulp. "Oh" Percy responded. Corey stood up, dusting off the sand from her clothes the best she could. She noticed a hole in her stomach from the Chimera's blast. "Let's get back to land, Grover and Annabeth must be worried" Corey suggested with a tight smile. Percy nodded, turning away from Corey.

~Ψ~

Corey and Percy swam to the surface, looking for somewhere to climb to shore. "Sea Pup, a dock!" Corey told him, pointing to white fences in her view. They swam over together, and climbed up. Percy went first, Corey boosting him up. "Percy! Corey!" Grover called out as Percy climbed over the fence. Corey followed him, holding on to the bars tightly so she wouldn't slip. "A little help, Sea Pup?" Corey groaned, her body growing heavy as she gripped the metal.

Percy helped her up as she jumped into the wooden ground. "Thanks" Corey smiled at him. Percy just nodded before turning to Annabeth and Grover. He was mad at her, Corey could tell. "Hi" He smiled weakly at Annabeth and Grover as they ran towards him. "Look, I'm sorry about shoving you in the stairwell. Even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but I just-- I knew you'd never agree, and there wasn't enough time–" Annabeth cut Percy off as she hugged him tightly. Percy hugged her back, sort of surprised that she was hugging him.