The Truth

"Please, sit down." Barns said as he gestured towards the table in his room. He kept looking at me with an apologetic look in his eyes. I did as he said and took a seat, wondering what he was going to tell me. He sat my backpack on top of the table before he joined me. "I was told to find someone in this town. All they gave me was a vague description and a name." He ruffled his platinum blonde hair a little as he leaned forward. He  folded his arms in front of him on the table before speaking again. "When I saw you I genuinely just wanted to help you. But when I learned your name I figured you were the one I've been looking for. You have no idea how long I've been roaming the town trying to find you." He said. I was quiet for a while just thinking about what he had said.

"But... why? And... who sent you to find me?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. "It's complicated, but I need you to trust me." He said with a look in his eyes that made me feel safe. I looked at him for a few minutes wondering if I should trust him. 'He did take me in and provided me with food, clothes, and a place to stay.' I thought as I glanced out of the window. "Do you trust me?" He asked softly after a while, breaking the uncomfortable silence. I looked back at him and looked into his blue eyes. "Yeah, I trust you." I replied with a deep sigh. I really didn't feel like I had a choice. Without him I would be back on the streets with no where to go. I had to stick with him and go wherever he went. And maybe that was his plan all along. Make me dependent on him so I had to trust him. Or maybe I was just overthinking everything.

"I know this is a lot to take in and process. I'm sorry." He said after a few minutes of silence. "Well... it's certainly the most interesting thing that has happened to me in a long time." I said, not really knowing how to respond. He smiled softly and it made me feel warm inside. "I am going to get some sleep." I said after yawning a little. "I think that's a good idea. Especially since we didn't get any rest last night." He said as we both stood up. I grabbed my backpack even though it had his books in them. But he didn't seem to mind. I guess he trusted me with his things. "Hey, come here." He said softly. I stopped and turned as he walked closer to me. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head in the crook of his neck. I breathed in his scent and was comforted by it. I closed my eyes a little and gently rubbed his back.

"Have a good sleep." He said softly after we broke the hug. "Thanks, you too." I replied with a small smile before leaving his room. I walked across the hall and entered my own room. The housekeeper had left fresh towels and everything. I locked the door behind me and placed the backpack down on the table. I then changed into my pajamas. I laid down on the bed and looked at the sword necklace I had on. I wasn't sure what the future held, but I hoped that I was ready for whatever happened. I slowly fell asleep after a while of just laying in bed. When I woke up I looked at the clock and saw that it was eight o'clock in the morning, the next day. I couldn't believe that I had slept that long, but I guess I was really tired. I got ready for the day and wondered if Barns was awake.

I walked out of my room and knocked on his door. I waited a few minutes before the door opened. "Hey, you're awake. I knocked on your door a few times but there wasn't any answer. I was just about to go get the manager to check on you. I'm glad you're okay." He said with a small smile and relief in his eyes. "Sorry, I was sleeping." I replied, blushing a little. "It's okay. Come on, sleepy head. I wanna go for a drive and I don't wanna be alone." He said as he grabbed his things. "Agam is busy today, so we'll have to take my motorcycle. I hope you don't mind." He added as he closed and locked his room door. My stomach filled with anxiety, but I didn't say anything. I went back to my room and gathered my things as well. Once I locked the door I followed him outside. We went over to where his motorcycle was parked and he put his helmet on. "Here, I have a spare." He said as he handed me a helmet and goggles.

I put them on as he straddled the seat of the motorcycle. I carefully got on and sat behind him, wrapping my arms around him. "Are you ready to go?" He asked and I said yes. He started the engine before pulling out into traffic. We weren't on the road long before he stopped at a diner, which I was grateful for. I was starving; my stomach had started growling loudly. He parked and we took our helmets off before walking inside. We were seated by a middle aged man who took our orders. We both got pancakes and coffee. As we ate I glanced out of the window. I was thankful that the sun was out. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky either. I wondered what he had planned for today. Deep down I had a feeling we weren't just going for a random drive. Especially after how our drive with Agam had went.

I knew he was up to something, but I didn't say anything. Even though I probably should have, but he did ask me to trust him. This was me trusting him. Letting him take me wherever he wanted without an explanation. When we were finished eating he paid for our meal. I stopped at the bathroom before I met him outside. I carefully got onto the back of his motorcycle again before we left the parking lot. I was nervous being on that bike, but I tried to not think about it too much. I focused my attention on the scenery we were passing. We drove and drove for what felt like hours. When we finally stopped my muscles were sore and stiff. I guess he had gotten use to driving long hours on that vehicle. I for one wasn't use to it, obviously. "Let's go for a walk to stretch our legs." He said. Something in me sensed that he didn't just wanna stretch his legs.

We had reached the destination he had set out for us today. I took my goggles and helmet off as we walked into the woods. Anxiety burned in the pit of my stomach. The deeper and deeper we got into the wooded area, the more nervous I got. I guess he picked up in my changing energy, because he gently took my hand. His touch and the gentle grip he had on my hand comforted me a little. Eventually we reached a clearing. In the middle of the overgrown green grass was a sundial. But the thing looked broken. That's when it dawned on me. The strange stones we dug up the other night was part of the broken sundial in front of us. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath. I hoped I was prepared for whatever was about to happen.

++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3