chapter 2

My eyes opened wide. My room was so bright because of the rays of sunlight coming from the window. I immediately reached for my phone at the bed side.

11:38!!!!, my eyes widened in shock

I must have been so tired

I looked around the room I was in. It was quite big, and main colour of the room was lemon green.

There was a walk-in closet, a suited bathroom and a balcony, and the thought of annas parents hardly coming here was still surprising.

Anna and I played video games till we passed out. I found my way to my room.

I got up from bed and walked to the bathroom to freshen up.

I picked blue hoodie and grey sweatpants.

I looked at the mirror then suddenly the thought of Harvey came to my mind.

I decided to just put some concealer and blush on my face, you must look good all the time, right?

I had curly afro hair and caramel skin, so I just put my hair in a bun.

I wanted to see if anna was still asleep so I decided to go her room, if I can find it because the house was so damn big, and I have been here for like a day.

I stopped at a room door familiar to the one I saw yesterday. I knocked on the door but there was no answer.

anna I called out but there was no answer.

I decided to leave then the door opened.

It turns out she was also asleep.

And I thought I slept in today "I said as I walked into her room. Her room had the same design and structure of mine but it wasnt lemon green, it just mainly had white.

You had to disturb my beauty sleep Elle she said as she jumped on her bed .

What are friends for, youre welcome "I said giving a sarcastic smile.

She rolled her eyes at me and got up from bed.

We should go for a swim "she suddenly said

a swim at the pool I asked

no , at the ocean, girl? she replied sarcastically

I didnt bring any bikinis

I said as I mounted her bed

what, how could you not bring a bikini to San Diego She opened her eyed wide at me.

I dont know I forgot?

what will you do without me Elle she walked into her closet , Im guessing to find some thing

Just give me a pair of shorts and a bikini bra

This is so refreshing, I said swimming in the pool.

I told you , she said. She was sitting on a chair drinking and eating

you said you wanted to have a swim, and youre not in the pool

hey dont judge, you didnt want to have a swim but here we are now she replied

Ann is probably the craziest friend I have but I love her so much.

whatever "I muttered

After a while, I came out of the pool, and she wasnt even here. I took the towel the dry myself up.

I used the towel to dry my hair when my eyes suddenly met with Harveys.

He was on a balcony, and he was watching me.

When how eyes met, he didn't take them off, but I broke contact with him but before I could look up again, he wasn't there.

What was that all about

I thought

We havent seen him since we came yesterday. He was always the distant one, after he got admitted to Princeton, he rarely came home.

I shoved him out of my thoughts, I was hungry.

Eww, that is so cringe Anna blunted

you dont know what love is I had another handful of popcorn

I dont want to know so I think Ill pass she said

We have to finish this movie or Im never watching any horror film with you again I threatened

Fine she muttered in defeat

***

Of course she was asleep.

I stood up, went upstairs to bring a blanket for her. I covered her up. I went into the kitchen to grab something. It was pretty late to eat so I just settled with an apple.

I walked back to the living room to continue my movie.

Right after, I heard the Harveys voice outside. I didn't even know he was out. Suddenly I felt uneasy.

No Ellery, just focus on your movie, I cautioned myself.

After a while he came in and abruptly walked upstairs without even sparing me a glance or a hey

Typical Harvey.

I headed to the kitchen to have another apple. I opened the refrigerator got my apple. I closed the door of the fridge. I turned back

Jesus!!

I gasped in shock when I saw Harvey. He scared the shit out of me. looked at him and he was smiling, was it amusing

Sorry I scared you he walked to a cupboard to look for God knows what,

it's fine I left the kitchen to the sitting room to continue my movie. It was a series called it's you

I was planning to binge watch 8 episodes; I've got 4 down and Ann left me to complete the journey alone.

Harvey came to the sitting room too and sat down on the same couch with me.

I wonder where he was and why he's not in England like he supposed to be.

Then I remembered the most intense stare he gave me at the pool, but I quickly shrugged the thoughts out.

What you are watching Harvey asks with he's eyes on me.

Umm it's you, no, it's you are the name of the tv show, was going to binge watch it with anna but she slept off I yapped as if I couldn't control myself. He only asked me what I was watching.

Ooh, okay he said and focused on his phone.

I trying to focus on what I was watching but he couldn't let me do it

So decided to go to my room and watch it on my phone.

I'm feeling sleepy so I'm just going to head up and sleep faking a yawn

sure he said

When I got to my room, I shut the door and jumped on my bed

I know Harveys cute and all, but I can't like him

But I feel it's going to be hard not to....