41

| Same Day |

After Fatima left the coffee shop meeting her dad, she had nothing but her mother on her mind. For starters, the love her father still embraced in her mother, the sparkle in his eye, or how intentional he was with wording, she could tell true love from a mile away. As soon as she heard something about cases and her mother disappearing, it was already in her head that it was work-related and she was gonna figure it out.

She was pushed out of her thoughts when her car play showed Junior calling. "Hi, Mommy!" She smiled looking down at her phone to his messy hair. "Oof look at that head. Hi handsome."

"I hungry." He pouted.

"Where your father at? He didn't feed you?" She asked raising her eyebrow. "Nope." He shook his head. "I want chick fil a with a yemonade."

Loyal be so funny saying that🤣

"Hand the tablet over to your father please." She was finna tear his ass up, it was going on 3PM so why he ain't been fed.

"It's an iPad." He corrected her before he ran off to his father. She watched as the iPad shifted in his hands every time he moved, she almost got dizzy looking at the screen. "Mommy mad at you." He handed the iPad over.

"Hey baby." He smiled nervously as he didn't know what she was mad.

"Ain't no hey baby, why you ain't feeding my son? How you a deadbeat to your own Junior? That's crazy." She asked through the phone.

"Babe what?" He scrunched his face up. "Flip the camera around, I wanna see what got you so distracted my son stomach touching the Devils feet." She so dramatic. He flipped the camera showing his new PC station that she somewhat gifted him. She had a coupon but he ended up paying for it, fair deal in her opinion.

"I see why you not feeding my son, you on that damn game. But don't worry that shit better be in my closet by the time I get home." She playfully scolded him. "I'm tired of you bringing up my childhood PTSD sounding like my momma." He chuckled into the iPad. "He just had a PB&J plus some chips." He turned the camera to the mess on the floor.

"So why he saying he hungry and you not feeding him?"

"Because he wants CFA and I told him you were gonna be home shortly. You took meat out so I am assuming you gonna be cooking food. Ion need you getting on me about that."

"Mhmmm just making sure." She rolled her eyes. "He get that lying shit from yo ass!" She shook her head as she pulled up to an empty parking lot. "Aht aht I don't be lying."

She squinted her eyes. "Does this sound familiar? My baby momma is dead." She mocked his voice making him chuckle. "Does this sound familiar? I wasn't texting him but proceeded to show me a whole message thread on the helicopter."

"Does this sound familiar, 'I don't know why the school called saying he missed school but he was there.' face ass" She playfully rolled her eyes.

"And I still can't believe Junior snitched on me, fake ass twin."

"That's what kids do honey. I can't believe you had him repeating everything you do knowing he team mommy." She laughed.

"Yeah a bunch of users and abusers is what they are. They lie, snitch, and fuck shit up but act nice as shit when they want something." He shook his head.

"Stop talking about my son before I hurt yo ass." She threw her car into park, unbuckling her seat belt, and getting out. "When you returning home?" He smirked at her.

"Boy you just saw me a few hours ago." She waved him off locking her door a million times.

"Okay so is there a limit on how many times I can see you?" He scrunched his face up. "And plus I'm back up...it's been a few days so I need it." He smirked at her biting his lip.