Favorite Subjects

⚠️This chapter contains references to sexual assault/rape ⚠️

Within the dorm room of Amora and Loki, an alarm goes off. Loud and obnoxious Amora, groans out of her slumber, rolling closer to the wall as if she trying to get away from the sound, hugging her red octopus plushie closer to her chest. Before she fell back asleep, she could hear movement, damn, Loki gets up early.

After what felt like only a few minutes, Amora gets hit with something hard, "Jesus!" she yelled.

"Sorry, but I've been saying your name for the past five minutes," Loki replied before Amora opened her eyes seeing a pillow in her head as she stood at the side of the bed.

"Lovely or my actual name?"

"Both," Loki answered, "As your roommate, I am responsible for getting you up and off to your classes."

"Are you just saying that because I am new?" Amora asked rubbing her eyes.

"Pretty much, it would be really odd if you were late for your classes, and I wasn't because we are roommates."

"You've got a point," Amora groaned, finally sitting up as Loki left for the bathroom, "I guess."

Stretching, before getting ready for the day wearing a light blush button-up top under a spaghetti stripped, dark rouge, ankle-length dress with a pair of Mary Janes.

"Well, don't you look stunning," Loki commented exiting the bathroom.

She wore a band t-shirt that had a pair of scissors to it, at some point, to make it shorter than the original, plain high-waisted gray jeans and a pair of worn olive green Chucks.

"You look nice too," Amora mumbled, blushing and she ran a brush through her hair.

"They always have some kind of muffins or donuts in the commons if you are a person that enjoys eating breakfast," Loki commented, gathering her things as Amora did the same.

"You say that like you're not that type of person," Amora replied.

Loki shrugged, as she opened the door, "My last few roommates didn't like having breakfast," she remarked, as Amora left their dorm room, "or maybe they just didn't like having breakfast with me."

They had only known each other for a weekend and Loki hadn't done much talking about herself. No, she was spilling all kinds of information about the school, the classes they shared (which was most of them), the people to stay away from, and the one story about how the dean's husband went missing, in addition to asking Amora questions about herself. However, the question of why she was here never came up.

Loki can be abrasive, yet she is obviously respectful, Amora had made a nonverbal line in the sand, the day they met, and Loki noticed somehow and respected her.

"Martha Wise," Amora stated as she walked out of the Osmanthus hall with Loki.

"Huh?"

"You asked me which serial killer I was most interested in last night and my answer is Martha Wise," Amora answered.

"And why is that?" Loki questioned.

Amora shrugged, "She poisoned 17 of her family members after they forced her to end a relationship, it seems oddly romantic in a way."

"Mhm, romantic," Loki muttered.

"Sorry if that's weird."

Loki shook her head, "Not at all, I asked you a question and you gave me an answer, a very interesting answer."

Amora nodded, as they walked into the commons filled with peers all enjoying conversations with one another and muffins.

"LOKI!" The voice of Euphrasie yelled, grabbing Loki's and Amora's attention, they stood behind the common area's kitchenette counter with the other dorm residents, muffins upon muffins in front of them.