Part Nine

We take the elevator down to the first floor and walk inside. Instantly my whole body was warmer. "So what store" "uhmm I just want pjs soo" "does this store- woah" "uh yes they do but it's expensive asf" "that's gotta mean it's good right" "I guess but they don't have the soft cheap pjs I want" "girl" we walk around to we reach the store that I normally go to, it's more on the cheap side of things. I walk to the pjs area and I see hello kitty pjs along with stitch. "OMG NO WAY" "what what" "they have stitch and hello kitty pjs" i run over to them and they are the soft ones, the only pjs i rlly like.

"So get them then" "yeah but i don't want to carry them so ima just get- OMG WE COULD MATCH" "I'm not wearing hello kitty" "how about stitch then?" "Na you know what, I'll wear the hello kitty" "yesss". He pays for the clothes, use their dressing rooms and and we walk to get food. As we're walking to the food court, I see that same girl from school with her two friends. I just roll my eyes and continue walking.

We're at the food court trying to decide what to get, he gets Mexican and I get Chinese food. I sit down at the table waiting for ace to get his food. I open up my food and look over to the right of me because I kept feeling someone staring at me. I look over and I see that guy again. But this time we was with someone. I put my head down and start eating. "You good ma?" "Yeah" he sits down in front of me. "Ma what's wrong?" I nod my head in the direction of the guy and he starts to gets up. I grab his hand and tell him to stop. There was no need for it. I was just done.

As we finished eating in silence, I see that girl waving for me to come over. I just look away and finish my food. "You ready ma?" "Yeah I am" we throw our food away and start walking away, but before I can pass her she stops me. "What bru" "I just wanted to say that your man is kinda fine" I just laughed and kept walking. I turn around and can see that she's confused. "Why did she just" "because of what happen at school" "oh shi that was her?" "Yeah" "well fuck them, we can now finally just watch our movie"

We walk ALLLL the way back to the theatres and pay for our tickets, we pick the scariest movie, why? I don't know. "I lowkey want snacks" "we just ate" "yeah but at the movies it's different" "oh my" he orders a bunch of shit and we wait as they make it.

We're finally walking to our theatre room and there's no one there. "No on here???" "That's amazing" we head to our seats all the way back.

We sit and just wait for the commercials to start. "Shit I shoulda brought that blanket in here" "noo it's okay" "you sure?" "Unless you're cold" "na I'm good"

The commercials finnaly start and the lights start dim. "I'm kinda scared to the dark" "what?" Ace looks at me and laugh. "I'm only scared when I'm watching a scary movie or after, or even if I think about it" "I gotchu and you know that"

The movie finally starts. I sit there a little uncomfortable in the chair. I lift up the arm rest and lay my head on his arm.

We finish the movie and go back to my house.

Once we arrive I realize how tired I was. I jump onto the couch and just lay there. Ace come and sits down next to me. We talk for a little before my eyes shut and that was it.

As I open my eyes with a heavy heart as usual, I lay there staring at the ceiling. Thinking about how my dad just up and left me. How he couldn't even say goodbye.. he just had to leave, and at times I started to think he left for a different reason than "I looked like mom". It just hurt. Everything physically hurt but I didn't want that to show anymore. So I needed to start doing things that would distract me and help me hold myself together. That's when I remembered about the apartment. I finally get off the couch and walk over to the table with the keys laying there. I stand there staring at them. Not knowing if I should take it or not. But I wanted to at least see it. How could I not?. "Ace!" I didn't hear anything. I don't think he was hear. So I grabbed the car keys and left. I arrive to the apartments 30 minutes later and man I missed seeing this view.

The beach always had a special place in my heart. I took it in for a little before deciding to get actually out of the car. I sigh and get out.

I look for the apartment number and unlock the door. When I walked in I gasped. My father knew how much I admired black and white accents in a kitchen. "Oh my".  Just then I hear someone behind me. Making me jump as I turn around to see who it was. "Oh sorry for startling you" "oh uh your good" "uhm are you Malia?" "Yeah why" "some guy that said he was your father told me to give you this when you get here" she hands me a piece of paper and walks away. I sigh at the fact that it seems like these notes are never ending.

"Hi Malia, I'm writing this for you to tell you that I love you, and that nothing is your fault, but also because I hope you'll like this apartment as much as me and your mom did picking it out for you. I love and be careful please, and thank Ace for me, for taking care of you."

My heart dropped, tears came falling down and here I was failing to not show that I was struggling. I wipe my tears and shake my head. "I got this".