Chapter 3! ♡

Dr Derek Shepard takes his 10 blade and cuts a small section in her head to get access to her brain. 

"Drill please" he says and one of the scrub nurse hands him the drill.

He grabs the small drill and uses it to cut her skull into a small circle. He pops off the small piece of her skull and now has clear access to her brain. He proceeds to take out the tumor from her brain. As he's doing this, Dr. Callie Torres, former Head of Orthopedic Surgery is treating her ribs that she broke during the accident. 

"suction please" Dr Shepard says

I do as he says and suction up the blood that's covering her tumor. Once I do, I see it. Its super tiny but visible. 

"That's the tumor correct?" I say excited 

"Your correct" he replies as he takes it out and shows me "Thanks to you we saved her life, Good work Dr Adeline. Your attending must be proud to have you" 

I smile at his kind words and look up at the gallery where all my friends are watching. George and Izzy give me a thumbs up and a smile. Alex gives me a half ass smile but its still a smile! Mer and Christina look totally jealous, but I know they're proud.

This surgery only took 3 hours! Three! I've never seen this procedure done in 3 hours. It usually takes 5.  Dr Shepard did the surgery successfully and shes stable. I can't believe I helped do surgery with the one and only Dr Shepard. 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・

I scrub out and head over to lunch. I spot the 5 of them outside and go over to them. 

"Hey guys!" I say as I sit down next to Izzy. "How's your first day going so far"

Alex looked up and scoffed "Kat you got to scrub in a damn surgery today. How do you think its going"

Oh yeah, hes super jealous 

I laugh "Well Dr Shepard allowed me to scrub into my patients surgery, I think that's fair since I found out she had a tumor "

George looks over "She was my patient too. Why didn't I think of that" 

"Don't doubt yourself George. Maybe next time" I say teasing him

Mer looks up from her food and gives me a banana "Here you might be hungry" 

"Aw thanks Mer. I'm so hungry I could eat 5 of these" I eat the banana in 3 bites

Alex looked shocked. "I like a girl who can eat" he says winking

"Well I like tall guys so" replying to him since I know Alex is 5'10. 

He scoffs 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・

In the distance I see Dr Bailey coming over to our table. Did Dr Sheppard tell her about the surgery. I hope so

"I have a case. A very important case. Follow me." she says 

We all stand up fast and run towards her. Jeez shes short but shes fast. We take the elevator to the 3rd floor. We go to the nurses desk.

"I need case 33028 please" Dr Bailey says

The nurse turns her chair around and grabs the case folder. "Here you are" 

"Okay. Karev you're at the pit. Yang and Grey, you're at Dr Shepherds service. O'Malley and Stevens, you're with Dr Bruke. Adeline your with me"

Alex spoke "Wait are you saying Katherine got the case?!" 

WAIT..I DID? oh my god I DID

"Did you find a tumor today?" Dr Bailey says cold  

"No, I did not" he replies 

"Then go to the pit. Dr. Adeline follow me" Dr Bailey says 

I look at Alex and stick out my tongue. He gives me the finger but I'm over the moon. I got the case?! I do as shes told and follow her to room 33028.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・

 I see a man laying there with a brown sweater, messy bed head hair and light stubble. He looks up at Dr. Bailey but quickly looks at me right after.

"Denny Duquette" Dr Bailey says as she enters his room. 

"Hey Dr Bailey" he says in a deep low voice. 

"I hope seeing you here means they finally found a heart for you" Dr Bailey says

"No offense doctor but I'm not a big fan of hospitals. It takes something pretty special to get me in here" Denny says 

"So Dr Adeline. What do we know about Mr Duquette" Dr Bailey asked me 

"Well Mr Duque-" I tried to answer but got interrupted 

"Capricorn, single, loves to travel and cook" Denny says, smiling at me

I catch myself surprised but also smiling

"Denny be quiet, let her show off" Dr Bailey says 

 I laugh and continue "Denny Duquette, 36, admitted for a heart transplant necessitated by a vital cardiomyopathy" 

Dr Bailey looking pleased "And what does that mean" 

"It means that his heart is unable to fill and pump blood normally." I reply 

"Correct, Denny this is Dr. Adeline. She'll tender to you prior to surgery" Dr Bailey says to Denny 

"Oh, so I guess I'll see you around Dr. Adeline" Denny says 

I smile and turn to leave the room with Dr. Bailey 

   .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・

Thank you for making it to chapter 3! Hope you enjoyed!!