Into the Darkness

3rd person POV

It's been 4 days already. No sign of Mito. Everyone is still healing from the past mission in the village's hospital. Neji , Choji are safe. Kiba and Akamaru are as well. Naruto still in bed. Healing. But Mito. Where is Mito. Can't see him anywhere!!! Not in the hospital. Not in his home. Not in the village. Where is he. Is he even alive? The answers lies in the reality and Mito himself.

Naruto is totally broken from this. He even forget to eat. But still acting tough infront of everyone. Especially Sakura. After all he failed to keep his promise. But wait wasn't it a lifetime promise. So fear not. Naruto will make it come true anyways.

Konohamaru on the other hand. Mito's bestfriend was running towards the hospital. Entered his name on the front dest and ran towards the cabin where Naruto was being treated.

He burst open the door which made Naruto flinched. "What the heck" welped Naruto. "Don't worry. It's me. Konohamaru." Konohamaru said to calm Naruto down. Naruto settled down after hearing those words.

"Oh it's you" said Naruto. The even crimson of sunset falls on the face of Naruto glittering the blue eyes of Naruto shining like the ocean. "Are you alright" asked Konohamaru approaching him slowing. "Yea. Yea I am" Naruto replied in an instant not looking to Konohamaru. His head was looking outside the window. Thinking many things he could.

"Heard this mission was a hard one?" Asked Konohamaru yet again. "Yea" was the only words Naruto can utter. Naruto's head will flowing with raging waves of Mito's memories.

A silence fell upon. Maybe it was a silence of awkwardness but still peace. No sound. Perfect for a person to remose on their past.

Naruto's mind still flooding with Mito. Why did he have to die?. Why did he died?. Why did he came before us?. Why did he took the attack? He could have dogged it easily. He was the only one I had. My only family. I didn't even got to celebrate his 8th birthday. We was supposed to turn 8 years this birthday. Heh. Times sure passes soon. It was that time when he was 4 years. Only. I was 9 then. Now he is 7. But I will be growing more than 12. And he will be always 7. Even if i become 50 years old he will still be 7 years. I wish I could have spent more time with him. I wish I didn't have ignored him that day and spent a little more time with him. Hope i could have gave him the love he deserves. But it's all over now. All over for him. He didn't even got to see much more of the world. I promised him that I will be hokage someday. But he isn't here anymore. How will I show him i that I will the hokage if he isn't here anymore.

Naruto's never ending pool of thoughts were teared apart by Konohamaru clearing his throat. Naruto wiped the tears that was flowing through his cheeks. "They sent more jonin to find Mito i heard. Is it true?" Asked Konohamaru. Naruto didn't answer anything. He stayed silent. Konohamaru didn't over looked. He came near and sat near Naruto.

"Listen Naruto. I am sad that Mito is gone like this. He is my bestfriend. But don't break apart like this. He will be here soon" Konohamaru tried to console Naruto. But that only resulted in snapping Naruto's nerves. "How can you say he is alive when I saw him die infront of my eyes. I saw him tear apart infront of my eyes. I killed him with these hands of my own" Naruto shouted. Konohamaru stepped aback by his sudden aggression.

"Wh-what are you talking about" stuttered Konohamaru praying that all the things he heard were just some random ringing. Just some miss hearing and all. But Naruto didn't utter a word and just cried his eyes out.

Eventually Naruto opened up and explains everything leaving Konohamaru in disbelief. "H-how is this e-even possible. He sacrifice himself to try stop your and sasuke's fight?" Konohamaru asked in disbelief. "Yea" said Naruto, his voice barely above a whisper.

"But ...... Naruto..... don't blame yourself. He did it with his full will. I know it's hard to acknowledge his death. But atleast don't blame yourself" Konohamaru said to console Naruto. But more like consolidating himself. Konohamaru fell to the ground. He felt so weak to know his bestfriend was dead like this. He could take this weight. He just couldn't take it.

*Burst* the door to the cabin was burst open again by the hokage. "Lady Hokage" "grandma Tsuande"

She stepped in and stood near Konohamaru and infront of Naruto. "So is Mito alive" asked Naruto with a smile of hope. But she didn't even utter a word. She just stood there. Like she was a statue.

The smile of hope Naruto had faded away in an instant. "We tried our best. But we couldn't find him. Since we can't find him we are declaring him officially dead" said lady Hokage.

"N.noo. you can't just declare him dead. I know. I know he is there. He is there somewhere still alive. I can feel it. Believe it" yelled Naruto frustrated.

"I know Naruto. It's hard. It's hard to lose your brother. I know" said lady Tsuande remembering how she lost her younger brother too.

The time flies like that. Naruto eventually accepted his brother's death. Though he can't get over it yet but he accepted it. But deep down he still believes that Mito is alive. Somewhere.

Jiraiya and the others helped him to get over the situation for now. Then they even started their missions again. Sakura and Naruto under the supervision of Jiraiya went to the land of Rice paddy to search and collect information on Sound village.

But Naruto still hopes he can see his brother again. He smiles but deep inside he is lonely. He is crying. He is breaking apart. He still hopes he can see his brother again.

Change of scene.
In the end valley.
In the blindspot area.

*Groan* slowly a being wakes up from a deep slumber of 4 days. He looks around and only sees red crimson stains of blood.

"My head hurts" said the being. Who is not anyone but Mito. "My stomach is growling. I am hungry" he says yet again. Suddenly all the memories of the last thing he saw that day flashes before his eyes.

"So I was dead for 4 days or some" said Mito sarcastically. "So nobody came to even search for me?" He asked himself.

Mito's POV

I laid on the surface for a while. Then i remembered one thing. I still can use it. Hea I can.

"Ink attach" I said and ink started to flow through my body like blood. It extends out from my injuries where my limbs were cut off. And joins the other parts. It slowly comes near and joins. It gets attached and it was functioning too.

"It did work" I said to myself sighing. I got up and sat on my butt. "What is this burning feeling in my cheek?" I asked myself as I felt like it was burning in my right cheek.

(In here Mito got the ink curse marking on his right cheek.)

The surrounding area was just a blur. It was covered with fog. I can't see anything clearly. But in between the shadows of that fog a mysterious figure came towards me with glowing white eyes.

"Greetings " said the unknown person. "Who are you" I asked scared. "no need to be scared. I am just a well wisher. I am sent to take you to a place where you can heal yourself. I am just a friend" he said. "huh. Just take me to my Village" I said.

"Which Village. Which abandoned you and let you die and rot to the bones? That one? No no dear. You deserve better. You deserve to be treated better. Come with me Mito. I will make you stronger. I will treat you better" the black mysterious figure said extending his hands.

What should I do now? Is he safe ? He sounds safe. But......what about my village.......village which abandoned to let me rot to the bone?. A brother who didn't come to save me? Who let me die? Darkness suddenly starts to consume me.

The dark mysterious figure was brainwashing me. And it was working as well. It was all working. My mind was weak at that time. I couldn't think straight and i let the darkness engulf me. I didn't knew what was going on. I extend my hand to reach that unknown being. I let him help me through my misery.

"Good" he said in the shadows.

souls that are bound to shred *Naruto x m!reader*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें