♡ two ; "oh dingleberries!"

***

***

river's pov; five pm

"Bye, Sarah! Bye, Mrs. Goode! See you tomorrow!" I waved, voice a higher pitch due to nervousness.

Moon gurgled happily within my arms as I clutched onto her for comfort, my cheek falling onto her little head as Mrs. Goode and her daughter waved goodbye with matching wide smiles.

Shivers tumbled down my spine when it was only Moon and I inside the room.

I had hoped that by this time the rest of the parents would arrive after Jungkook did. But, as always, Jungkook would be here in time. At exactly five o'clock.

Oddly enough, the rest of the kids' guardians came early to pick them up due to a football game at Ashley Waters High.

It was at this moment I realized that today, the good lord was most definitely not on my side.

With a resigned sigh, I closed the entrance door and walked back towards the playroom to gather Moon's things and pack them back into her diaper bag her dad packed and left with her the days she was here.

Setting Moon to play on the soft carpet with some soft toys, I folded her stained clothes which she had dirtied when playing with her food earlier, wrapped them up in a paper bag, and slid them into the sleek black backpack that had the moon phases on the front below the zipper.

"Gah!" The shrill that left Moon's lips had me jumping when she threw a white fluffy bunny off her lap to grasp the purple one.

I giggled to myself and crawled towards her to hand her the bunny. "Here, little Moon."

She sent a gummy smile up at me before her mind and attention were taken over by the toys in front of her.

Seeing she was now taken care of, I hummed to myself, putting her other toys and snacks inside the bag before zipping it shut.

My shoulders slumped in relief once all of Moon's items were in her bag. I always felt awkward and hesitant to go through another person's bag — permission given or not. It was still awkward for me.

I dusted off my pants and pulled my long hair back into a high ponytail, feeling tiredness creep into my joints. Babysitting energetic kids while surviving on five hours of sleep would exhaust a girl.

Stifling a yawn, I laid on my tummy in front of Moon's little feet and played with her toys for her as she laughed — clapping her teeny hands together.

"A-gan!" She demanded, cutely outstretching the purple bunny.

"Okay," I giggled, feet kicking back and forth in the air. Time passed as I pretended to make the bunnies dance.

I was so involved in making Moon happy that I failed to realize a looming dark shadow swallowing my frame — watching intensely.

That was until Moon looked over my shoulder and screamed shrilly — little tears of joy already pricking her wide doe eyes.