♡ eight ; "don't give up on her."

river's pov ; one week later ; seven pm

For the first time in my life, I had never been so aware of my feelings as much as I was recently.

I was struggling with the constant overflow of emotions that I had been pushing away for years.

The walls containing my innermost feelings, doubts, fears, and insecurities were now fallen.

I tried to rebuild them – only to fail.

Brett said it was for the best, but I wasn't so sure if I believed her or not.

I don't like most of these feelings...but on one hand I knew that the reason I was so hesitant to accept them was because of one thing.

Fear.

The very thing that's held me back for as long as I can remember.

It was still there, of course it was, but now other – stronger emotions made my fear blend into the background of my mind. It lingered, but no longer held me back the way it had once done.

It was completely silent in my bedroom.

I snuggled on my fluffy pillow and held Kingston close, pecking his little head as he napped.

His cute tail wiggled as I tickled his back as I thought.

Today marks a week since I had taken a small break from the daycare.

The evening that another panic attack occurred; Brandon thought it best that I took a step away and focused on baking and keeping up the orders.

A pout formed on my lips.

I missed waking up early and going to the daycare with Sang – and most of all, I missed seeing Moon's adorable little face every morning.

A tinge of pain racked across my chest as I thought about her and Jungkook.

Jungkook.

My mind was scrambled because of him.

And what he does to me.

I was always the sort to lock away my feelings – but I was confused about them, too. Wondering what exactly it was that I was feeling and if it was real or not.

But what I felt for him was the clearest thing in my life now.

I liked him.

Really.

Like-like him.

I didn't think it was love...at least not yet, but on the other hand, I couldn't let it develop into more after the conversation with Brandon a week ago.

What he said was true, Jungkook had a lot going on in his life...and I didn't know where I could fit into all that he had going on.

Never being in a relationship meant I was inexperienced in anything that had to do with dating.