The Genesis To The Madness

The Memphis Rodeo. The place buzzing with activity, the place everyone was at on a Friday night. Business closed just to pack into the arena to watch the bull riders, the barrel racers, the steer wrestlers, everything. This was the night everything would change. Many teens from the nearby high school came to watch the rodeo, all of them adorned in their nicest boots, pants, shirts and cowboy hats, the country music blared through the speakers as the rodeo commenced, people cheering for friends, family, or their favorite participant of the rodeo. A teenage boy, a marveling height of six foot five inches stood next to the bull chute. Looking down at the marvelous eighteen hundred pound bull he would be battling that night. He slapped his thighs, amping himself up, his Yellow and red leather chaps caught the eyes of many as he stood. He wore a black felt cowboy hat with a turkey feather in the strap on the side of the crown of the hat, he wore his signature black button up with all his sponsors logos, black leather gloves and a pair of beaten up, rugged brown cowboy boots underneath his chaps he wore his bootcut riding wrangler jeans with a brown belt and a silver / golden champion bull rider buckle.

His friend turned to him with a smirk. "You sure about this cowboy? This bull's been givin' Mister Jameson and your old man a tough time the entire night." The cowboy smirked and nodded he was definitely going to go through with it. His friend sighed and nodded as the brunette cowboy climbed into the chute onto the bulls back. He wrapped his hand with the rope that went around the bull he put one hand up and waited a few seconds before he nodded. The gate was ripped open by a few men in the arena. The man on the loudspeaker was in awe.

"And there he goes folks! Our town darling Jace Myers! Look at him riding that bull! Tonight he decided to take on one of the meanest bulls in the PBR, PEARLHARBOR!" The bull snorted and roared as he tried to buck Jace off of his back. Jace came close to busting his face once or twice on the bulls horns. Suddenly the buzzer sounded off, telling Jace that his eight seconds of hell were over as he went to jump off the bull but his hand was stuck. Adrenaline pumped in his body as he tried to pull himself free. Suddenly something snapped in the pit of his stomach. When he came to consciousness he was looking around to see his tattered clothing, people staring at him as if he was.. a beast. His friend ran into the arena with a blanket for Jace to cover himself.

"What happened? Why am I naked?" Jace asked as he looked around. He watched his friend pick up his cowboy hat and place it back onto Jace's head. "I don't think we can be friends anymore Jace. You're.. a freak." Jace stared confused at his friend, freak? What was that supposed to mean! The brunette boy scowled at his friend and snapped. "What the hell is that supposed to mean Roberts?! Freak! I'm not a goddamn freak!" Jace snarled as he stormed past his now ex friend and back to his truck. He was confused and scared. He didn't know what was happening. He wanted to go home and curl up to just sleep it all off.

The next morning he was getting up for school when his father stopped him. "Hey. Son. Don't, stay home today. Please." Jace stared at his father confused, he couldn't miss today, he had football practice for the CIF championship coming up. He couldn't just miss it.. "Dad I can't miss this. You know-" "I KNOW JACE- I know. I'm.. sorry.. I just.. I can't have you living in Memphis anymore." Jace recoiled at his father shouting at him. He scowled and walked back to his room. Leave Memphis?! He couldn't just leave! He had school, Football, rodeo, hunting- his ENTIRE life in Memphis..

The brown eyed male threw his bag against the wall and punched his wall. He was furious. He was livid, any word in the dictionary to describe anger couldn't describe his. Suddenly he looked down at his forearms and it looked like.. beasts.. paws. He screamed out of fear and clawed at his arms trying to get off the shaggy brown hair. The more he tried to fight it the more it snaked up his arms till he was a large hairy beast. Horns protruding from his skull, a long lions tail coming from his body. He looked in the mirror and roared in terror as he fell back onto his desk, breaking his desk under the weight of his monstrous form.