Ice Breaker...? Maybe Not.

As Jace walked around the institute he was walking down a corridor when all of the sudden a brunette girl fazed through a wall and ran straight into Jace, crashing into him. He was irritated that not only he was taken from his home but now he was stuck with a bunch of city kids that he knew would find some way to irritate him. Jace falls back on his rear end onto the floor he glared at the girl who crashed into him, his dark brown eyes bore into the girls skull as he stood up and gave a gruff scoff underneath his breath. The brunette, blue eyed girl was taken aback by the boy's harsh reaction and immediately felt guilty. She rushed up and put a hand on his shoulder, trying to reassure him that it was all just an unfortunate accident. "I'm sorry, I totally wasn't paying attention. Are you alright?" He shrugged her hand off him begrudgingly as he huffed. "Watch where yer goin'." He sneered in his thick southern accent as he stood up and brushed himself off. He walked past the girl to meet with Logan and Professor X since he was the newest student at Xavier School Of Gifted Youngsters. The girl felt hurt by the boy's dismissive attitude, but she had to brush aside her feelings in order to keep up with him. She jogged a little faster to keep up with his pace, and when she finally caught up to him she tried explaining herself once again. "Look, I promise it was an accident. I'd never mean to run into you on purpose... I'm really, really sorry. My name is Kitty, by the way."

The brunette country boy merely side eyed her, he responded in a gruff, bored tone. "Jace." He said his name and only his name, maybe he wasn't one for talking? Kitty was starting to feel discouraged by the boy's blunt, curt attitude. However, she had a feeling that there must be more to him than this surly exterior he was presenting. She decided to try one more attempt at conversation. "Jace is a nice name. How long have you been at Xavier's?" "Two hours." Jace still was in a bored mood as well as an agitated mood. Clearly he didn't like the sort of position he was in at Xavier's. Kitty couldn't help but chuckle at his response. At least he had a sense of humor. She also caught a glimpse of the bags he was holding, which made her think he was new to the school. "Oh, did you just get here? It's nice to meet a fellow newbie. Where did you come from?" Jace started to grow more and more irritated as the conversation continued, he didn't care for pleasantries at that moment. "Memphis Tennessee." Jace stepped into the room with Logan and Charles. He sat across from Charles while Logan stood behind him. He seemed like a miniature version of Logan, gruff, hostile and angry all the time. Kitty followed him into the room and took a seat beside him. She tried to ignore how brooding and sullen he seemed, instead focusing on the opportunity to learn more about him. "Oh, so you must be from the South like Rouge! You guys would get along great. Do you have any special skills that brought you here to Xavier's? You know, any mutant powers or anything like that." Jace clenched his jaw, he wanted to be under the radar, unseen, unnoticed.

"He does actually Kitty, Mr. Myers here has a special ability that he is able to transform into a monstrous beast. For now, he is keeping it under wraps as it can be very destructive and aggressive. Right Mr. Myers?" Charles asked Jace as he nodded and stared at his boots. He seemed tired and wanted to get some rest. After all he had been flying and traveling all day from his home so he was mentally and emotionally exhausted from his travels. Kitty's eyes lit up and she was visibly thrilled by the sound of this mysterious and powerful new mutant power. She turned her attention back to Jace and noticed his weariness. "Well, that's certainly an interesting ability. But it sounds quite taxing on the mind and body. Are you okay, Jace? It can be difficult when you have to control something so powerful, especially when it comes at such a cost." Suddenly Logan cut in, clearly sensing Jace's discomfort and irritation. "There will be time for questions kid. Let him go get some rest." Logan said as he picked up one of Jace's duffle bags and led the male out of the room to his own bedroom where he could get comfortable. He didn't have a roommate as his power was unpredictable and could be dangerous to other students if they were subjected to his presence and aggressive behavior.