Extra

Peter took another sip of coffee as he sighed and looked over the edge of the railing. It's been five years since Tony's passing. Five years to the day. Peter is twenty now, but the loss still affects him, especially on the day each year that he is reminded of who he lost.

Today he will have to see on every screen he passes tributes to Mr. Stark. There will be flowers blocking the way out of the Stark Tower and there will be people gathering in silence around his statues built and dedicated to him after his death. People he will have to pass and try to ignore, but he knows he will eventually join.

But right now it's early. He can grieve in peace as the top of the sun peaks over the horizon.

Pulling out a phone and tapping it a couple times variously, he paused before hitting the unpause button. He looked at it for a moment, then tapped once to listen to the voicemail.

"Hey, it's Tony. Hopefully you'll be back in time for work, but I just wanted to check up on you to make sure you're ok privately. I've noticed more bruises recently, which shouldn't be the case because we took care of flash and your at a new home now. I just wanted to let you know that..." Tony sighed "if you ever want to talk, I'm here. Seriously. About anything. You...you're very important to me." He cleared his throat after a pause "so yeah. Just call me back whenever and let me know if you need anyth—" there was a muffled yell behind him from Steve "Tony! Quick! It's Peter! He's collapsed in the elevator!" Then three beeps indicated the end of the call.

Peter wiped the tears off his face, and looked at the drops that had soaked into his hoodie before looking back at the sun.

He took a few deep breaths before beginning to cry uncontrollably, just like he had this time last year and the year before.