Home

After hours and hours of driving I finally made it, I saw the welcome sign ahead ‘Welcome to Letterkenny’.
I stop at the dollar store to get an energy drink and a snack as well as a few other things. My breath plumes vapor in the frigid Canadian winter air. Its so quiet.
I grab my snacks and drink, as well as a six pack of beer, trash bags, a broom and a chimney cleaning log then head to the counter. “How are you now?” the clerk asked. “Doing pretty damn good” I say the clerk gives me a look, oh right I have an accent up here. He rings me up, “I also need four bundles of firewood you got outside there.” 

I haul everything to my truck and head down the round. I pass by a bar, Modeans 3. And my memories come flooding back, my papa..my real father used to frequent there when I was young. Would leave the truck running while he would go grab a few. But he would always come back with food. “Hey sweet peas, sorry to keep yous. I brought you fish and chips!”  

I feel a pain in my heart as I keep driving to my new home. “I’ll just have to come by Modeans 3 later and see what the fuss is all about.”

As I pull into the laneway I see the moving guys have already started bringing in boxes. 

“If you could put all the boxes in the basement for now that would be great. Everything else can go in the guest room.” 

The cold is no joke, the inside of the house is almost as cold as the outside. I grabbed the things I bought inside and got to work on the fireplace. I know this thing have had more than 60 fires since its seen  one of these cleaning logs, and I gotta reduce all that creosote build up. 

Once a fire was started the guys were about done. “Hey thanks for your help, the six pack there is for you guys.” the men smile looking at each other. The older one grabs the six pack, “ma’am there is money left in here, is that yours.” 

“No boys, that's all you, I know you all drove a long way.” 

They accept the tip and head on their way. 

Soon after I have a roaring fire going and it's warming up the place. I look around and see some trash scattered around. Looks like some degens made this place the hangout spot. I start cleaning the random trash and sweep up the place. 

Once I'm done I set up my mattress next to the fireplace and take a seat. Flopping on my back “well i'm here, just going to take some work and this place will be like new again.” I get up the change out of the clothes I've been wearing for a day and a half on the road, freshen up the best I can. Once I got on a fresh pair of jeans, long sleeve and plaid shirt I looked around at the place, sucking in a deep breath and exhale “welp, I think i'd have a beer” and with that I threw my shoes on and headed to Modeans. 

****Hope you are liking the character so far, let me know what you think ☺️*