Chapter One

It was a normal day in the Port Mafia. Everyone was either doing their own thing or out on a mission. It was nice and quiet for the people who were doing their own thing. Well, that's if you can block out the occasional yelling from Chuuya Nakahara and Osmau Dazai.
Even though Chuuya had only joined the Port Mafia around a year ago, Dazai and him were practically attached by the hip. It was very rare to see one of them alone without the other being there. Now, Mori didn't mind this because after all 'a diamond can only be polished with another diamond.' he likes to say. After a while, Mori had started to send Dazai and Chuuya together on missions.
One day, Mori had sent them out on a mission together. The mission was to take out an enemy organization. What Mori didn't expect is for the two of them to take out said enemy organization overnight.
Ever since that mission the two of them have been referred to as Soukoku or Double black...

During one of Chuuya and Dazai arguments on whether Chuuya's fashion was tacky, Dazai's phone had started to ring. "Great, who's calling me?" Dazai mumbled, shuffling his hands in his pockets looking for his phone. "I'm surprised anyone would want to call you." Chuuya said with a snark in his voice. Once Dazai had found his phone he saw that his boss, Mori, was the one calling him. He rolled his eyes and groaned as he stared at his phone. He was debting on answering the phone or watch it ring. The latter seemed like the better option to Dazai. Although, he had a gut feeling that might be just a tad bit important so unfortunately he had to go for the former option.
"What do you want, Mori?" Dazai asked, unenthusiastically. Chuuya tilted his head to the side a bit, "What could the boss need?" He had thought. Dazai groaned again, "Yeah yeah, we'll be there in a bit." Dazai responded before hanging up on Mori. "Well? What did the Boss need?" Chuuya asked, trailing a bit behind Dazai as he started to walk off without Chuuya. "Mori needs us in his office. Probably another boring mission he wants to assign us." Dazai explained as he waved his hands around a bit. Chuuya hummed, "I wonder what kind of mission it'll be this time." He thought.

The last couple of missions Dazai and Chuuya had been sent on were easy. They didn't understand why Mori would send both of them on the mission. One of the other Port Mafia members could do it. Hell, Dazai and Chuuya could've done it alone if they wanted too! Nonetheless, Chuuya hadn't questioned the Boss unlike Dazai who would constantly ask him questions such as, "Why would you send us both out to such an easy mission?", which was the only question Chuuya could think at the top of his head. Mainly because that question is always asked by Dazai even if they had found it a tiny bit difficult. Which has been very rare recently.

Once Chuuya stopped whatever he was thinking about, he realized he was only a couple feet away from the Boss's office.
When the two got in front of the door, Chuuya had lifted his hand up to knock on the door so he would not come off as disrespectful. Before he could, Dazai opened the door and barged into Mori's office. Chuuya rolled his eyes and kicked Dazai in the back of his ankle, "You're so fucking rude Dazai." He mumbled even though Mori could probably hear him. "Ow! You're so mean Chuuya!" Dazai said dramatically.

Mori knew that this is how the boys always acted around each other. It's rare for anyone to see the two of them not yelling and fighting with each other. "Chuuya, Dazai! Please come take a seat!" Mori said a bit too happy. The two boys looked at each other for a brief second before going to take a seat in front of Mori. Mori gave them a small smile, "I'm sure the two of you can guess on what I'm going to say." Dazai sighed, "You're assigning us on another boring mission." Dazai said, not even skipping a beat. "Well, I hope this mission is enough to satisfy both your own tastes." Mori said, still having a creepy smile on his face.

Dazai knew that Mori really couldn't care if it satisfied Chuuya's and his taste. Dazai is sure that Chuuya knew that too.

Dazai sighed, "Can you just give us the mission details? I don't want to be here any longer. It's annoying enough that I have to sit here and listen to your voice." He remarked to Mori. Dazai had seen in the corner of his eye that Chuuya wasn't happy with him by disrespecting Mori. Truthfully, Dazai could care less if he disrespected Mori. Chuuya being unhappy with him won't change that. "Oh Dazai, don't be like that. It's not like this mission can be completed in a day anyway." Mori said, moving his hand around a bit. "What do you mean, Boss?" Chuuya questioned. Dazai would have answered the question for Chuuya but he was too busy trying to look for Elise who was nowhere in sight. "Probably in a different room." Dazai could only assume. "It means this mission will be a long-term mission." Mori explained, "This mission could take weeks, months, or even years." Chuuya's eyes shot open but quickly regained his composure. "What's so important about this mission that it could take that long?" Chuuya question. "It's an infiltration mission, isn't it?" Dazai asked, his boredom being shown on his face. "An infiltration mission? It wouldn't be our first one but why would it take months or years to do?" Chuuya thought to himself.