Prologue

The great hall was buzzing with excitement as everyone had just gotten back from summer break, getting ready for a new year and their last

The great hall was buzzing with excitement as everyone had just gotten back from summer break, getting ready for a new year and their last. Students from every table had a smile on their faces even with the war going on, they were making sure nothing would ruin their first day back.

A group of students that were sitting at the Gryffindor table were being watched as they whispered to each other about the new pranks they could do all while the only girl there seemed to be in her own world as she played with her brother's hair. The group were known as The Marauders, the leader as the boys love to call her, Halo Potter, the sweetheart of the group, next to her was her twin brother, James Potter, otherwise known as Prongs, across from them sat two handsome boys that go by Sirius Black and Remus Lupin or Padfoot and Moony. They were missing one but Peter Pettigrew seemed to go missing now a days.

"I feel tired Jamie, I think i'll head back to my dorm to rest a bit" said Halo to her brother who immediately turned his attention to her.

James ran his eyes over his baby sister to see if anything was wrong but he seemed to not find the problem before he told her if she needed help as he knew how bad her headaches could get.

"I'll be okay James you enjoy your day and don't worry" beamed Halo but on the inside she was aching. Her body hurt, her heart felt heavy, her mind seemed to be a mess.

James opened his mouth to reply but he was quickly interrupted by the door to the great hall opening as families began to enter, each having a piece of paper in their hands but what caught his and halo's attention was their own parents who were making their way towards them. Their mother seemed to be crying while their father looked so angry at the world, that made the twins share a look of confusion that was mostly on James' part as Halo seemed to have an idea as to why they looked the way they do, it made her heart feel even worse but what could she do as Magic can't always have an answer.

Halo looked at her mother who had such a heartbreaking expression on her face as she stared back. Halo had her answer and she was dreading telling her twin, telling her friends. How could she possibly tell the people she loves that her time was shortly coming to an end, she couldn't, she wouldn't have the heart to say the words. She was ready, she always was but to say goodbye, she wasn't ready for that.

Euphemia and Fleamont knew they had to keep their emotions at bay until they could pull their children out to let them know the heartbreaking news but looking at their baby girls face, they knew that she herself knew the reason for their tears and it broke them even more. How could a parent bury their child before themselves, it just wasn't fair. Life never seemed to be.

"Can I have everyone's attention, yes thank you, as it seems that some of the students families received a letter stating they were called upon here at the school but the reason is yet to be known so please everyone take a seat as we search for answers" said Dumbledore before he turned back to the professors around him.