Chapter 6

They were both a bloodied mess, yet there were somehow no bite marks or any visible injuries on them. Until Hori focused on Aiko's mother. She kneeled down to examine the body slowly, incase she would reanimate. Upon closer inspection, there were small scars and tiny bits of her skin were carved out all over by something, or someone. This was all that could be made out of this while suppressing a new sorrow.

Asahi went to examine Aiko's father and saw a similar state. Hori notioned to her door. He knocked quietly. No response. The door was also locked. But, this truly meant that she was still here. From her room were the sounds of Cicadas, but they sounded different. It was as if their chirps were distorted, on a unnerving pitch. One word popped into Hori's mind. Demonic. They sounded demonic.

The same sound then started coming from her parents.

They realised quickly that the Cicadas were somehow inside their bodies. Hori went to go knock on Aiko's door herself, but they heard a long and guttural shriek coming from the bottom of the stairs. There it was. It had no eyes, as expected. Its suit was perfect apart from having bloodstains on it. Jusf like with the former headmaster, Hori felt as if they were somehow staring at her, seeing her as bright as day. It took one step up in a taunting way.
And then another.

All until Hori ran for Aiko's room. Asahi began to panic, becoming confused on what to do next. Hori banged on it over and over, shouted for Aiko to let them in otherwise the two would be attacked. "No need to shout..." The zombie groaned, appearing at the top of the stairs. It shuffled madly to them. "Not opening the door... hahaha!" But then the door opened to their relief.

The zombie went into a full human-like sprint upon reaction. It didn't scream nor yell, it was silent and hell bent on getting its prey. They rushed in just in time as the zombie got closer, and slammed the door closed before it could even run into it. Realistically, Hori expected it to start ramming into the door, but to her dismay, it began to turn the doorknob and push against the door. The apparent intelligence was terrifying for them.

She quickly sat down and planted herself on the floor, leaning back as hard as she could against the door. Asahi locked it as soon as Hori got leeway over its pushing.
"You guys came for me..." Aiko said, surprised to see Hori and Asahi here. "I love you both..." The zombie started ramming the door. Asahi took over, planting himself on the floor. First things first again.
   "Are you okay, are you bitten, injured?" Hori said, examining Aiko like a worried parent. Aiko shook her head and smiled in response. She was okay. But examining her just to be sure didn't hurt. Aiko accepted the gesture, as seeing Hori in a state of distress was a sure concern by theur relationship default.

The monster on the otherside of the door began to groan as if it was preparing a vigorous strike. At once, it rammed into the door, and even punched it repeatedly. All of the persistent pressure almost rendered Asahi's body leverage obsolete. Silence followed, but so briefly, before the zombie suddenly punched through the door and felt for the handle.

Aiko didn't let the scare impede action. Without even thinking, she rushed up and held its hand away. This was another case of their intelligence that they couldn't understand. It was trying to unlock the door like how any normal human being would. It kept resisting Aiko's hold with a great amount of strength. Hori jumped in and pulled it in, now its entire arm was in, and they had it in their sure grips. Now it couldn't do anything except try to pull away and out of the door.
   "You will tire out, and I don't need to breathe!" It taunted with a melody. "I will swallow you!" Not only their intelligence, but their ability to even speak properly. Hori came up with a reasoning. These weren't zombies, they were just shells of what they once were. And if her friends were to become like this, she would never imagine life for herself afterwards.

Null Life: Last DayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara