1

I walked into the crowded halls full of students and teachers, trying to spot someone, anyone familiar. As I was walking and looking around for anyone I knew I felt a tap on my back, I quickly turned around to see Sejanus.

"Valentine! I thought you weren't coming"

"Well I wasn't, I was forced"

"Sorry about that, I know how the games make you feel. I know were coryo and the others are though why don't we see them before the reaping starts!"

Before I could protest he grabbed my hand and lead me through the crowd, in result I was getting shoved by multiple students. Once we had found Coriolanus, Sejanus gave him a friendly hug which he awkwardly accepted before he noticed me.

"Sejanus why did you bring the district girl, is she even supposed to be here" I could tell Coriolanus didn't want me to hear his statement which is why he tried to whisper, but I could easily hear him he want very good at whispers. Sejanus then told him that they were forcing me to become a mentor for the games and that I had no say in it, although he had just explained why I was here Coriolanus still gave me a disgusted look.

I wanted to say something, put him in his place but I knew I couldn't do it here because of all the people around. After talking for a bit they had asked all students to make there way to a certain room to see what tributes they would get, I didn't know where it was so I just followed beging sejanus and his group.

Once everyone had found there seats they started calling out names and there tributes. I wasn't paying attention until they had called out my name.

"Valentine Flanagan male tribute from district 7!"

I looked up to see a boy with dark curly hair with a brown jacket on, even though I was still upset about being a mentor I was a bit relieved that I did t get anyone from 4, especially anyone I knew. If I had of gotten someone from 4 I would have never been able to live with myself if they didn't survive.

They continued calling out names, I didn't. Really care about any of them until the last tribute.

"Coriolanus snow female tribute from district 12!"

Everyone faced him, I could tell he was embarrassed by getting her she didn't look like she could fight and she was from 12. Some people were laughing at her colourful dress which had every colour I could think of. Some even calling her a clown.

After the reaping Coriolanus had an idea, he had asked Sejanus to do it with him but he refused. He then had no choice but to ask me to do it.

"I am not coming with you to meet our tributes at the station, let alone go with them to the zoo how dumb are you!"

"Tust me 4 there is nothing to be worried about, it's not like they told us not to see them"

"Fine I'll go with you, but if anything happens it your fault"

"Ok ok, don't worry now follow me"

Although I really didn't want to go because I knew how the tributes would feel if we did, if my mentor had shown up as soon as I made it to the capital I would been annoyed. I still followed him, even if I didn't like him very much sejanus cared for him so I guess I did too. Once we got there the train hadn't arrived yet so we had to wait.

"So why exactly should we meet our tributes now?"

"We need to gain there trust, they aren't just going to like us"

"That's smart Capitol"

I didn't expect Coriolanus to think of that, chances are he just heard another student talking about trust with their tribute and he just want ed to 1 up them. It didn't take long for the train to arrive, it brought back so many memories of when I had first gotten to the Capital, I was so lost in my thoughts when Coriolanus had snapped in my face.