3

after having my much needed lunch I decided I was not going back to school, I Mean who would. i'm already like 10 minutes late to my class and by the time I show up it would already be 5th period. its not like they'd even care that much, I was already there for half a day, its not like i'll miss anything.

after finishing my food I washed up my dishes and headed up stairs to get changed. once I had found a comfy outfit and put it on it was already 4pm, did it really take me that long? anyway school had ended and I was just happy it was the weekend.

I went downstairs, turning on the tv. I was switching through channels, trying to find something interesting to watch. a few channels in something had caught my eye, it was a replay of something, it was a replay of the reaping.

lucky enough it had only started around 10 minutes ago, so it was only on district 2, not even a minute later in switched to district 3. The female tribute had dark wavy hair, it wasnt that long though, her skin was a bit tanned and she look terrified, I had never heard of the name Teslee before but I thought it sounded nice. then the male tribute a slightly darker man with dark hair, I had recognised Circ from the zoo, I had seen him earlier.

the tributes went on, I had skipped district 4, I knew I wasnt going to watch it without crying so I saved myself some tears. it went to district 5 the male tribute having a hat and the female having brown hair, the male tribute from 6 was wearing a hat as well. 

the screen changed to a more foresty look, trees all around an green grass along the floor, of course I knew this was district 7. I knew who was being reaped but I watched anyway, maybe I could see something interesting. As the mayor dipped their hand into the bowl of names, I knew who he would call. After he had announced the name, a familiar red head emerged from the crowd, crying. I felt so bad, I could never even dream about the fear she would've been feeling in that moment.

After she had made it to the stage it was time for the boys, once again I knew the outcome, and once again I continued watching. his hand reached into the different sheets of paper, before grabbing one. the mayor had looked at the name carefully before calling it out, unlike lamina, treech had taken awhile before he walked away from the crowd of boys. Once he did I could see clearly that he was afraid, and that he didnt want to show it. He kept his head high and walked over to the stage, where him and his partner shook hands, then the screen switched to the next.

I hadn't even realised it, but I was leaning over the couch, my arms on the table. Once the screen switched environments it was like I was broken from a trance, I mean, the trees were very interesting I guess, it was probably that. 

district 8 looked boring, although I felt bad for the little girl with down syndrome, she had no chance of surviving and I think everyone knew that. the next two districts were pretty boring, the only thing that was interesting was the boy from 10, who only had one eye. district 11 was next, a small girl being called up tot he stage, I recognised her. I think a lot of the tributes dont like her because she coughs all night, I mean it isn't her fault, she's only a baby. the next tribute being a tall strong boy, I could tell he wanted to look fearless, of course I easily read him like a book, it was easy to know he was scared shitless. 

the last district showed, it was clearly poor, the buildings looking torn and rusty. the male tribute look fairly strong, although he didnt stand a chance to they previous boy it still looked like he had a chance of surviving. then the female tribute was called, I remember Coriolanus getting her, honestly as he should. the day of the reaping when we were all given our tributes is a day ill never forget, the horror on his face was priceless, but so was his tributes performance, I will admit she was quite the singer. her voice annoyed me though.

after it ended the channel switched and was talking about the weather, and of course it was going to be even colder tomorrow, exactly what I need. I had given my crimson red jacket to mizzen and of course I wasnt going to let him freeze, I knew no one was going to give up theirs, or even their spares for me so I just have to accept the fact ill be shivering all day. 

I mean thats not too bad but still annoying, I hate when it gets cold. I was contemplating on just not going but I dont want to fail, plus I have a math test coming up and what if the teacher like tells us what it's on while im not there? he better not, that old man annoys me.

school was so annoying, what makes it even worse is I hav no one to crush on since my bae left last year, he was so hot but whatever, I dont even think he knew my name. enough of him cause I needed someone to go to school for, I cant jut go to school to learn. now that I think of it school is much better this year, since im a mentor I get to visit my tribute whenever I want one period a day, and they have to let you.

maybe ill start doing that for math, actually maybe after that math test. anyway I get too skip one full hour a day without having to do anything other than walk to the zoo, easy peasy. now that I think of it, it would be kinda annoying since it would be cold but thats my fault for only going shopping in the summer. 

it was already 5pm, although I was kinda annoyed since I had nothing to do. I decided to get my shoes on and go for a walk, just around the place I dont know but who's going to stop me anyway, its not like ill get kidnapped cause im just waking where ever. I got my shoes on, and then I grabbed my bag packing some things. I put in some food, some money, and then some water, but takin a sip of it before putting it in. I put the backpack on and left, locking the door behind me.

authors note:

im so sorry this chapter is so short!! Just felt like I should curt this one short and make the next one a bit longer

ill make sure to update soon though, hope you guys have a beautiful day/night <3