chapter one

Eon-jin's POV

Finally, it's summer! And you know what that means? It's the start of the new school year. I stayed at my auntie's house in Seoul for vacation and got back last week. I'm actually not ready to go back to school yet. A three-week school break wasn't enough for me, considering how fast time flies! I'm now in my sophomore year.

So here I am, getting ready to go to school, as my first class starts at 9:00am.

"Eon-jin! Hurry up! We're getting late!" oh, that's my best friend Min-jung. She's the early bird while I'm the one who's always on the rush.

"Eomma, I'll go ahead!" I live with my eomma. I never got to see my appa ever since then. My eomma said she left us after finding out about my eomma's pregnancy. That he was not ready for the responsibility.

"Be safe, you two. Message me when you get there." my eomma said.

"Arasso, Bye eomma!"

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

And now, it's the waiting game for the bus. There are so many students from Daegu High School lining up to get on the bus. I guess, not everyone is ready to go back to school.

And the bus arrives...

"Eon-jin, you know what to do." Min-jung said as we put our bags in front. When the bus stops, students started pushing to enter the bus. Luckily, both me and Min-jung got inside the bus. We're in the middle part and practically cramming ourselves inside the bus.

"Min-jung, I don't know if we're lucky that we got the bus or what, but I'm already tired." like what's the point of getting showered if you're not feeling fresh enough.

Not when the bus driver just hits the brake.

But, I didn't stumble like others...

I just felt like I was sitting on a man's lap.

And my world's stopped.

"Do you want to sit here?" the guy asked as the bus suddenly hit the brake.

"Eon-jin!" I was immediately pulled to stand up by Min-jung. Other students are looking at us because of what happened. "Eon-jin? Gwenchana? She's just tired. I'm sorry." I heard Min-jung said to the guy. He is also a student like us, and he is wearing Daegu High's uniform.

"It's okay if she wants to sit here." he insisted as he held my arm to guide me to sit on his previous seat.

What the hell just happened?!

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"After 20 minutes, we finally arrived. I was still shocked by what had happened, as if I couldn't find my voice to speak. The student who helped me had already gotten off the bus."

"Earth to Eon-jin, what happened to you?" Min-jung said as she waved her hand in my face. "Hey, are you alright? Do you want to go to clinic first?" she asked worriedly.

"Ani, gwenchana. It's just that I was too shy to talk to him." I replied. Yes, that's the right word. I was SHY.

"It's okay, accidents do happen. And it's not like you wanted to sit on his lap, so I don't think he minds at all. But, don't you think he looks cute?"

"I didn't see his face fully so I'm not sure." but the truth is, I saw his face up close. God, he's the cutest guy I've ever seen!

"I wonder what section he's in? What if he's in our block! We need to hurry, Eon-jin!" Min-jung exclaimed, sounding so excited to see him again.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Since it's first day of school, we choose where to seat. Min-jung and I decided to sit at the side near the window as the view there feels very warm and nice. Just then, our teacher entered the classroom.

"Good day, everyone! And welcome back to school. How's everyone vacation?" our class advisor, Ms. Ji-won asked. Some of my classmates had already started small conversation with our teacher. "That's good to hear that you guys used the school break to unwind and make time with your loved ones. But, before we start, I would like you all to meet our new addition to this class. He came from Songpa-gu, Seoul. Tae-pyung, come inside." everyone is intrigued including me. A city boy transferring to this small province. Whoever he is, he's missing out on a whole lot of fun in the city.

And my world stops again, for the second time.

And my heart...

He. Is. Here.

"Oh my! What the! Eon-jin!" Min-jung shrieked in silence.

"Good morning, everyone. I'm Kim Tae-pyung." what's wrong with my heart. Why is it beating so fast...

"Hello, Tae-pyung. So class, Tae-pyung is your new classmate. Tae-pyung, you may take your seat... there at the back of Eon-jin and Min-jung." what in the world is happening right now! No way this is real. He walks slowly while some of my female classmates are saying their "Hello" to him. I instantly bowed my head when our eyes met for a second. I heard Min-jung also say her hello to him while Ms. Ji-won had already started the discussion.

"Alright, class, I would like to remind you all that the seats you're sitting in right now are not permanent. But since it's just the first day, we'll arrange it in our next meeting," Ms. Ji-won reminded us. So, there's a chance that I may change my seat. Nooo, I like my seat here!

"Also, Min-jung, please give Tae-pyung a tour of the facilities later. Tae-pyung, did anyone show you around yet?"

"Not yet, Miss," Tae-pyung replied. "But it's okay, I could explore the area myself later." Wow! Did he just turn down our teacher's offer?

"It's okay, Miss! We can tour Tae-pyung after this class." Min-jung exclaimed excitedly.

"Alright! So I guess I have no remaining reminders for now. Just wait for your next class. Goodbye, class."

"Good bye, Miss!"

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ 

Right after our class with Ms. Ji-won, we are now giving Tae-pyung a tour around the school. He is so quiet and only talks when Min-jung asks him. I notice that he's tall and has a very good physique. What a perfect creation!

"And here's our School Library. The one wearing thick reading glasses is the School Librarian Head, Ms. Lee Sa Yeon. Please bear with her if she's a bit grumpy because she's old." Min-jung explained. I'm getting bored now and I really want to excuse myself. Not until Yoona came and called Min-jung. Yoona is Min-jung's friend from another block.

"Eon-jin, you go around with Tae-pyung first. I'll follow you later. Message me where you guys are, okay!" I didn't get to reply because she ran after Yoona.

"Uhm, do you want to eat first?" Tae-pyung asked. Is he planning to treat me? "Are you hungry? We can go to—" and then he cut me off "You can go ahead, I know you're busy." he said and started walking. What's wrong with him.

"It's okay, I'll tour you around, we haven't gone to conference hall." I replied while following him.

"I'll figure it out later. You can go ahead, and do your own thing." Wow! He's really something else. But what if he's mad because of what happened.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sit on your lap. I apologize if I offended you in anyway. I was shocked that I didn't say sorry earlier." and then he stopped walking. "It's fine. Just don't be clumsy next time." he said and continued walking. Me?! Clumsy! What a jerk! As if I wanted that to happen. I was annoyed and walked back to the classroom after all he didn't want anyone with him.

- end of chapter one -