chapter three

"What's going on, my child? It seems like you're looking extra well today?" her eomma, Ji-ah asks curiously.

"U-uhm, I'm like this everyday eomma. There's nothing new."

"Wait, is that my perfume you used?" Ji-ah asked, smelling the neck of her daughter.

"I-I just spray a bit, eomma. My perfume is already empty." Eon-jin replied nervously as she hurriedly straightened herself up.

"And you really used the expensive one just for school?" Ji-ah rebutted suspiciously.

"Eomma, it's just perfume, okay? I'm running late! Oh, Min-jung is there! Bye!" she hurriedly said, kissing her mom's cheeks.

"I think my daughter has a crush." Ji-ah said to herself, still looking suspiciously at her daughter.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Eon-jin's POV

My mom really knows me. I only applied light makeup to my face, but she still noticed it. It's true that my perfume had run out, so I sneaked into her room to spray a little of her expensive perfume.

I don't even know what came into my mind when I decided to prepare myself. I used to go to school without makeup, and sometimes I even forgot to put on perfume. It only started when Tae-pyung and I became okay. I won't deny that he is handsome, and his looks are totally my type. The first time I saw him on the bus, I already admired him, especially when he gave up his seat for me. His appearance, coupled with a very kind attitude, is a perfect match. That's why I was disappointed when I sensed that he was irritated whenever I was near him. Fortunately, we patched things up, and now we're okay.

I just want to look good in his eyes, and I think there's nothing wrong with that.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Today is our first PE class. I'm not a fan of any sports since I have asthma. I easily get tired when I do things that exceed my limit. While some of my classmates are excited, here I am sitting on a bench, watching them.

"We haven't start anything but you look tired already." Tae-pyung commented, taking a seat beside me.

"The mere idea of running in the middle of a sunny day exhausts me."

"Why? Are you sick?"

"No, it's not like that. I'm perfectly fine" Yes, I'm fine.

"Everyone, come forward, and let's all warm up. We will begin in 10 minutes," our teacher, Mr. Kang, said.

I walked first, and Tae-pyung followed me. It's scorching today; we haven't even started yet, and I'm already sweating. 

"Eon-jin, you left your puffer in locker room. Just let me know if you're not feeling well, arasso?" Min-jung's words caught me off guard, especially with Tae-pyung nearby. It was too late when he suddenly approached and asked me.

"You have an asthma?" I looked at him and slowly nodded. "Is it okay for you to participate? We can tell the teacher so–"

"It's okay, Tae-pyung. I'm really fine. Did you know that I joined a 21km marathon?"

"That ended with you in the hospital on the same day. If you feel dizzy and short of breath, just tell me. Don't be stubborn," Min-jung said sternly.

"Arasso, arasso. We need to warm up, let's go." This is what I really hate about this damn asthma. I've had it since I was a baby, they said it's a hereditary condition. Stage 2 mild persistent asthma. The doctor said I should watch over my health as it may get worse, along with my emotions. I can't be too angry, too sad, or too happy, as it may trigger it. And it really sucks that I have to assure the people around me that I'm fine.