𝙿𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙰 𝙺𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗

Alyssa: Hey, girl! How's it going with Atlas?

You: Relatively good. Paris was perfect. But now we're in Barcelona and Emmy's sick.

Alyssa: What?!

You: Yup. She began vomiting during our flight and now we've taken her to the hospital. I don't know what's wrong with her but the doctors say it's nothing serious.

Alyssa: Oof. That put a damper to your honeymoon, didn't it?

You: Yeah. I don't think Atlas minds, though. He looked just as worried as me and even helped Emmy calm down on our flight. She was panicking a lot.

Alyssa: Well, lemme know how it goes, alright?

You: K. Will do. 

****

I sigh and put my phone back into my pocket. Atlas is sitting on one of the seats in the waiting room, sleeping. After we departed for Barcelona, Emmy's health suddenly worsened, and she began to vomit and cough. We had to take her to the washroom, where she threw up for almost twenty minutes. It wasn't airsickness, I thought, because she'd been perfectly fine on the flight to Paris. 

It hurt me a lot to see her like that, and I was helpless as she continued getting sick. Atlas was the one who calmed her down and helped her when she worsened. The flight attendant gave us her some medicine, and that caused her to sleep for the rest of the flight. But when we landed, she began throwing up again, and we took her to the nearest hospital. It was all a rush, but the doctors assured us that it wasn't serious, and that Emmy would be fine. But we had to spend the night at the hospital. I sat next to Atlas, and ran my hand through his hair, to which he hummed. 

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"About what?" he said sleepily.

"About ruining our honeymoon."
"You didn't ruin it, Lily. And neither did Emerson. She can't help it if she gets sick and neither can you. We'll just have a busier day tomorrow, nothing much. Don't beat yourself up about it." he answered and put his head on my shoulder. I continued massaging his hair, and he continued humming.

"Purring like a kitten, are we?" I said teasingly.

"I can make you purr like a kitten once we're back in our hotel room. If you want." he answered, and heat travelled up my neck. He looked up at me, his blue eyes shining with amusement, and he pecked me on the forehead.

"You just had  to say that, didn't you?" I asked.

"Uh huh." he said, laying his head on my shoulder again. 

"Should we go check up on Emmy?" I asked after ten minutes. He got up, albeit groggily.

"Yeah, you go check, and I'll get us some coffee. Can Emmy drink juice?"

"I think so."

He gave me a thumbs up and began walking down the corridor while I went inside the room where Emmy was sleeping. She lay peaceful on the bed, tucked in, her red hair spread around her. All that vomiting had made her weak, and she looked pale. I kissed her on the cheek and lightly hugged her as I stared at her. A few minutes later, Atlas showed up with a cup of coffee for us each and apple juice for Emmy.

"Wake up, hun." I whispered, shaking Emmy lightly. She opened her eyes and rubbed them, appearing tired. 

"What h-happened, Mommy?" she asked and I showed her the juice. She grinned and got up, taking it from my hands.

"Thank you, Mommy! It's my f-favourite!" she said. I looked over to Atlas, and saw him staring at her happily, smiling. I felt so happy at that moment, because I knew Atlas cared for Emmy as much as me. There were times when I thought I couldn't love him more, but boy did he make me fall harder and harder for him. We made Emmy drink all of the juice, and then put her to sleep again, which wasn't hard.

"Let's just sit here." Atlas said, motioning towards the empty seats in the room. We both sat down, and I saw how Atlas barely stayed awake, yawning every now and then. 

"Hey, you can go to sleep, you know?" I said, softly.

"No, I-I'm fine." he said, clearing his throat and I gave him a look. He pretended not to notice and quietly took sips of his coffee. 

"Atlas, you're tiring yourself." I said sternly.

"I told you, I'm fine." he said, and then picked up his phone, scrolling through it.

I huffed and stretched my arms, trying to stay awake a little more before I succumbed to sleep. My phone suddenly buzzed and I opened it to see Ryle calling. I raised an eyebrow, and picked up the phone. 

"Hey, is everything alright, Ryle?" I began. Atlas noticed his name and turned to me, silently asking what was up. I shrugged.

"Yeah, no, I just wanted a quick chat with Emmy. These two days have been stressful, and I'm kinda missing her. Sorry I bothered you--"
"No, I get it. Thing is, we just put her to sleep. She's sick."
"Oh. Well, is she alright now?"
"Yeah, there's no need to worry. I'll call you back once she wakes up."
"Yeah, fine. Thanks, Lily."

"Bye, Ryle."

I cut the phone and saw Atlas staring at Emmy again.
"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course it is." he tried to dismiss my questions.

"You can tell me if something's wrong."
"I told you, it's all well and good, Lily. I'm just really tired and this chair's too uncomfortable."

"Oh, well. Did you check into our hotel, though?" I asked.

"Yeah, I did, and dropped over our luggage as well." he replied carelessly.

"You can go back there, and I'll call you when we're discharged." I offered.

"Nah, it's fine. The chair isn't that bad."

"Atlas--"

He cut me off when he placed his finger on my lips again, shushing me. He pulled me to him and we lay like we did outside in the waiting room.

"Can you run your hands through my hair, kitten?" he asked and I laughed.

"We aren't letting that go, are we?" I said, doing like he told me to.

"Nope. Tu es mon chaton. Mon chaton."

*You're my kitten. My kitten. * 

And all I could do was hope that he didn't notice my flushed cheeks and my flustered expression as I pondered over his words, grinning yet again.