𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚜𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚜

Amy Farrah Fowler:

I was serving an order to one of the customers when my phone began ringing. I excused myself and made my way to the kitchen, a bit annoyed. I didn't like being interrupted while I was working. But when I saw that it was Ryle calling me, I picked it up without hesitation and put the phone to my ear.

"Talk to me." I heard him say, and I frowned. Was something wrong? 

"What do you mean?"

"Just talk to me, please."

"About what, Ryle? I'm at work here, and we're really falling behind on orders."

"Anything. Just talk about anything."

"Look, I'm getting worried--"

"Please."

"Okay. Umm...today, I tried out a new recipe to make red sauce pasta. It turned out really good. I made some of my colleagues try it, and they said it was amazing. We're thinking about adding it to the official menu, and it'll be named after me. Maybe. I mean, can you imagine a dish called 'Amy's Pasta' or something? It sounds weird, doesn't it? Well..."

"Could you please come over?" he said, sounding much calmer after I narrated my whole day to him, trying to control the anxiety bubbling up inside of me. When he called, he seemed really panicked and that freaked me out. I knew Ryle had anger issues, and he went to therapy, but I had rarely heard him sound this desperate.

"I told you, I'm in the middle of work."

"Could you take the rest of the day off?"

"I mean, maybe. But why?"

"I...just don't want to be alone right now."

That didn't exactly answer my question, but I chose to ignore it. I would coax it out of him eventually. I always did.

"Fine, I'll be at your apartment in twenty minutes."

"Thank you."

He cut the call, and I opened my chat to text Atlas.

AM: Hey, listen, would you mind if I took the rest of the day off?

I saw three grey dots pop up almost immediately, and smiled.

AS: Sure, just let Devin know before you leave. Is everything alright?
AM: Yeah, I don't know. I'll tell ya later, 'cause I'm not very sure myself.
AS: I get you. We'll talk tomorrow at the restaurant, 'K? 
AM: Of course <3 Bye, idiot.
AS: oH mY gOd, look who's talking.
AM: Shut up, you boil brained lout.
AS: What the heck is that?
AM: Ha! It's one of the old Shakesperean insults I searched up right now to embarrass you.
AM: *Shakespearean  
AS: Just go. *facepalms because how can a human be this stupid?*
AM: *shoots him to show just how stupid she can be.*

I closed the chat and took a deep breath before grabbing my satchel and heading out of the restaurant. The problem is, instead of reaching at Ryle's in twenty minutes, I arrived there after half an hour, due to the traffic being really bad. I hurriedly took the elevator, and in a little while, I was furiously ringing Ryle's doorbell while munching on an Oreo. 

What? They're tasty, and I needed food.

The door opened, and I got a good look at my boyfriend. His hair was dishevelled, and he looked somewhat like a mess. He was wearing a full sleeved black shirt and pants. He looked like he'd been outside recently. His dark brown eyes bored into mine, and I saw a lot of emotions in there all at once. It confused me even more, and I didn't know what to think about it.