Chapter 13:Out of nowhere

Kie

Entering the house,wooden floor cracked.My fear grew wider with every second and every step,as I took three more steps,reaching for the wall and getting my shoes off.

I walked through the dark hall,it's like I'm walking right to my own death.Out of nowhere,he walked up to me.His fist met my cheek as i stumbled.There it was.Please just kill me,I don't wanna do this anymore.
By the time I processed what was about to happen,there he was,throwing a beer bottle to the floor as it shatered over me.

"What did I do to you?!"i screamed.Everything ached.

"You and your mother ruined my life you little shit!Your mother left you with me after the fights we had about your struggle to find any friends,just bescause no one can love you!Your just a WORTHLESS PEACE OF FUCKING SHIT!!"

"NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU,BESCAUSE YOUR JUST A PIECE OF TRASH NO ONE EVEN TAKES A LOOK AT!I HATE YOU,YOU RUINED MY LIFE!"he cried.

I felt a stabbing pain in my stomach when he threw another beer bottle off the table.
I brought my hand to my stomach,feeling an aching pain on my lower right side of the stomach.
I touched it,seeing blood drip down my stomach and onto my shorts.

"Shit"I breathed out.

"D-dad,I-c-can't b-breathe"i managed to say.But no,he didn't stop.
He kicked me one last time before slamming my head against the floor.
After that,he took the keys to his truck and left.

My hand was on my wound as i used the other one to reach for the wall and get up.
Stumbling to the bathroom,I turned the light switch on and went in.I looked at myself in the mirror and watched blood cover my hand.
My breathing was unstable and i started panicking,reaching for my phone in my back pocket and searched for a certain girls name.

I couldn't keep this for myself anymore.

Finding it,i clicked call and waited.
"Hey Kie"Sarah's voice answered the phone.
"Sarah,come please,he's done it again"I whispered.
"I'm coming Kie,hang on"click of the doorlock was heard.Sarah was the only one that knew what happens with my dad after she found out Summer 2022 when we were around 16 and she came over.
I hung up.
With that;i waited with silenced cries

...

Sarah

I ran over the speed limit with my foot pressed against the gas pedal as I stressed.It's happening again,on the day she arrived,i thought he was gonna be happy she's even alive.Who am i kidding,Mike Carrera is the biggest peace of shit in OuterBanks,of course,besides Luke Maybank,that's why they're friends.
Kie hung up about two minutes ago as i wondered.Did her dad leave?

Arriving at her house i pulled my phone out of the phone holder Wheezie got me for my 17th birthday.I walked over to the door and knocked lightly.
"Kie?Open the door It's Sarah"
"Sar"Kie opened the door,blood dripping down her shirt while a large cut bled through the lower right side of her stomach.

"Oh Kie"was all I managed to say.To say I was shocked.
I embraced her carefully,trying to make her feel less alone.

"Im so sorry Kie"