Chapter 15 - The morning

Chapter 15- The Morning

 I woke up in a groggy state, back on the tour bus. Elliott had taken me back and I had sat up crying more than I had at the club. A hand was draped over me and I realized that it was Zayn's arm. I stiffened and clenched my teeth at the very present memory lingering in my mind.

I slowly slid out of bed, careful not to wake him up and padded over to the kitchen to get advil with water. I quietly made a cup of coffee, careful not to wake up the other five people sleeping and not make my head ache worse. 

I silently sipped my coffee and reflected on the previous night. Why had my boyfriend cheated on me? Was I really that awful? 

Well apparently. Fuck me.

A small wave of nausea swept over me and I immediately set my cup of coffee down and turned, holding my hand to my mouth. I grabbed the garbage can desperately, hoping I could get there before I threw up on the floor. Opening the lid, I released the grip on my mouth and threw up in the garbage bin. Thankfully, a bag was covering the opening.

Lifting my head from the bin, I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. Slowly tasting my mouth, I gagged at the rancid taste in my mouth. Slowly, I trudged over to the bathroom, grabbing one of the extra toothbrushes (I didn’t want to brush my teeth with my usual one) and squirting some of the Crest toothpaste on it. I gingerly brought the toothbrush to my teeth, attempting to scrub away the nausea.

Once I finished, I grabbed a wet face cloth and dragged it over my face, getting rid of the sweat that had begun to build up on my forehead. I opened the bathroom drawer and grabbed one of my hair elastics, twisting my matted, curly hair into a messy bun. I seriously needed to leave the stuffy tour bus and get some fresh air. I touched my chest, feeling the necklace that hung there and curled up my face in anger.

I reached behind my head, grabbing the necklace clasp and taking it off. I felt like throwing it across the room in anger, but thought better of it, because Zayn would most likely make me pay for it, and I honestly didn’t have the money. Speaking of which, I needed a job. I was headed to Uni after summer, and if getting a job meant paying off my tuition fees, then so be it. I’d rather not be on tour with these boys anyways. Sure I’d miss my Liam time, Niall and Louis had also been great friends, but being around someone who showed unrequited love towards you, and your ex-boyfriend, isn’t quite the best summer I could think of. Nothing good has come from this tour anyways; I was kidnapped and hurt Harry, then was hurt by Zayn. What a great summer... (Note my sarcasm)So, I’ve decided that I would probably forget about the rest of the tour and leave, before anyone decided to wake up.

Clutching the locket in my hand, I walked quietly to the island in the kitchen and dropped it there. I opened the drawer softly, making sure not to wake anyone up.  I snatched a pen and a notepad from the drawer and started scribbling a note for the boys.

Dear Boys,

Last night wasn’t the greatest of nights for me, and I’ve made my decision to leave. Thank you so much for organizing the party last night. I had a good time, most of the night.

I really appreciate all the things you boys have done for me, and thank you so much for allowing me to come on tour with you guys. I love you all and it’s very unfortunate that I had to leave, but I need to start thinking about MY future. I’ll be going to Uni after summer, and that is just weeks away.

I really do appreciate the things you’ve done for me, Liam. I love you.

Harry, I apologize for creating a hell for you. I honestly didn’t mean to.

Louis, I will miss you so much. Thank you for being a great friend and a funny one too.

Niall, I will miss you as well. Probably you, most of all... I wish you well with Megan. She seems amazing. Keep being yourself. I love you (as a friend, of course)...

Zayn, your locket is on the counter. Please don’t try to call me.

Love forever and always,

                                      Autumn Payne

I sighed lightly, ripping the piece of lined paper out of the notebook, dropping the pen back in the drawer, along with the notebook and headed to the bunk room. I quietly zipped up my suitcases, pulling out a plain green t-shirt, a grey hoodies and a pair of jean shorts. After getting dressed, I took the suitcases to another room, opened the shoe suitcase and began to shuffle through. I took a plastic bag from beneath the kitchen sink and began to throw the stilettos, the heels and everything that didn’t seem me into the bag.

I ended up keeping only five pairs of shoes; my original running shoes, a pair of ballet flats, a pair of blue, pink and white high tops, my uggs, and a pair of converse sneakers.

I repeated this process with the clothes and ended up putting all the party dresses into the same bag, along with the really ugly clothes. I kept shirts that were gorgeous, even though I probably should have put them in the bag.

There are just some things a girl can’t throw away.

I ripped another piece of paper out of the notebook and grabbed some tape and taped a letter to the bag reading – Give these to charity. They need them more then I do – addressed to Liam. I then returned to the note to the boys and added another part to Liam.

P.S. Thanks for buying me all those clothes, but if you give them to charity, it would be helping someone. Thank you again, Liam. I love you.

Since there weren’t as many shoes in the suitcase, the need for two suitcases disappeared. I shoved the five pairs of shoes into my suitcase and zipped it up. I inaudibly walked through the tour bus, gathering stray items of mine that I hadn’t grabbed before, I finished by shoving them away in my suitcase, with my phone left in my pocket.

Without another look back towards the boys, I swiftly exited the bus before I decided to change my mind.

A/N: Sorry, that once was a wee bit short. But, I needed to leave it like this instead of continuing on with the boring details of how she left and blah, blah, blah.

NEXT CHAPTER, YOU’RE IN FOR A TREAT! It will be from someone else’s p.o.v, just so you can see how the boys take her leaving. It will most likely be in Zayn’s point of view because I have to show how he feels so you guys don’t think he’s a total jerk.