Grimm 2

Grimm was in heaven. He had a meeting up there. Part of him was feeling nostalgic and so after the meeting he wandered off. He hoped Demir wasn't around. He really didn't want to deal with that today.

He glanced around before walking into an area that was definitely off limits to him and even various Angels. The perfect place to hide out for a bit.

He leaned against the wall and watched as people walked by chatting happily. He would be lying if he had said he wasn't jealous. That could have been his afterlife but no... now he was here. Ex-Duke of hell and Ex-Archangel. Always put in the path of greatness before being brutally ripped from it.

He sighed and took a moment to absorb his surroundings. People walked by in a happy manner and occasionally an Angel. The area felt clean and fresh and there were multiple trees that stood out amongst the white and gold. He noticed some flowers and wondered if Marcelline had planted them there long ago.

He sat on a bench and tried to not draw any attention to himself. He did a small miracle that made his clothes white. He knew the black would only bring him unwanted attention. He took a breath and thought what his life would be like if he hadn't ended up an Angel. Would he be happy? Would he have new friends? Or would it be like before he died? A black sheep of sorts. Not really fitting in. Having to watch life from a third person perspective... No, that was a stupid question. He, Grimm, probably wouldn't exist. He would have never existed. It would just be Everest.

His train of thought was rudely derailed as someone yelled at him. He looked up in an almost panicked manner. That was his cue to leave.

"EVER? EV? Is that you?!!" A voice called out and a figure ran towards him. Grimm had gotten up and started to back away when the figure tackled him in a hug.

"Ever!!! It's you!!! It's been so long! I almost thought you didn't make it up here!" The figure looked at Grimm with kind green eyes. His brown hair was a mess and he was significantly older than when he had last seen Everest. It didn't take long for Grimm to recognise this person.

"Oh no-" Grimm pushed the figure away. "Not good. Not good." He was fighting for the front at this point. He gripped his head.

"Ever are you okay?" He reached over and held one of Grimm's hands. Grimm looked at the person with more understanding eyes. Everest had successfully made his way to the front.

"A- Abraham?" He said in a whisper. Abraham smiled and lightly squeezed Everest's hand.

"It's me. I'm here. Where have you been? I missed you."

Everest paused. He didn't know if he could tell his friend what had happened but he also couldn't lie. "Abraham..." he bit his lip before deciding on what to say. "W- when I died.... They made me an Angel. I feel like I've lived a thousand lifetimes. I have lived a thousand lifetimes. I have an... alter ego of sorts and- and... it's been a lot..."

Abraham paused as he processed this. "You're an Angel?"

Everest paused again. "I- I was... but-" he blinked away tears that had started to form in his eyes. "I'm not supposed to be here. Grimm was right. I should have stayed in the headspace and let him deal with this... I miss you Abraham.."

"So you're not an angel anymore? Why can't you stay then?! I miss you too Everest! Do you know how hard it was when I heard my best friend had hung himself! I waited an eternity to see you again!"

Everest looked down in a guilty manner. "Because I'm the opposite of an Angel. I shouldn't even be allowed in heaven anymore... I'm a horrible person"

"What does that mean? I've known you your whole life Everest! You're not a bad person. You cried when your mom made you kill a fly." He reached up and cradled Everest's face. "What happened..."

Everest was about to answer when he was promptly cut off by an Angel.

"H- Hey! Hey you! You're not supposed to be here!" The Angel said mildly panicked from the moment he recognized Everest as Grimm. Everest jolted back and Grimm took control. He glared at Abraham for a moment then at the Angel who was approaching. He turned and made a run for it.

"Ever?" Abraham said before watching his friend run off he stepped to the side as the Angel ran past him. The Angel seemed to be calling for backup.