Chapter 40

Willow pov...

I walk around the grocery store... Chris is back at the house putting the rest of the nursery together... I had given up on putting it together myself... He was so much better at it than i... I was just easily frustrated with it, making me give up... We had made a grocery list together... I dont know how long he was staying. For now, he showed no sign of going anywhere and to be honest i loved having him around... After he put the crib together yesterday, we had lunch. The rest of the day was spend cuddling on the couch as i just felt like relaxing. It was nice... I was reading my smutty romance book while he read one of the pregnancy books i had... 

It was just nice, a quiet day at home just cuddled up with Chris. Reading books taking naps and just relax... He massaged my feet, talked to our little girl... It was just heaven... Only to end the day wrapped around him, using him as my pillow... He was so warm and comfortable... He would rub my belly until i was asleep... When i would wake up to pee or because our little girl was kicking, he would wake up to and rub my belly again until our little girl calmed down and i was asleep again... Our little bubble... We talked baby names... It was nice... After not liking the name Emma anymore i had landed on Winnie... Only to now doubt it again... Or maybe it was because i loved talking about it with Chris. Part of me felt that now he was going to be in our lives he should get a say... 

I am humming walking around smiling as i put some of Chris his favorite snacks in the cart... I was planning on buying as much as possible to not have to leave the house... To stay in our little protective private bubble... I hum and walk around my cart getting fuller by the second. 

But when i turn around the corner the blood drains from my face and i feel panic setting in as i run into someone... Hannah... "I am sorry..." I mumble feeling my face turn bright red... She looks at me and smirks... "Well... Well... Well... Hello... Willow..." She says in a mocking tone... A tone that makes the hairs in my neck stand up... A tone that puts my guard up... She is wearing these big black sunglasses as if that hides who she is... But she is dressed to the nine... All glammed up... It is so contradicting... If she wanted to go unnoticed this was not the way to go as all the man were blatantly staring at her... Looking her up and down... I swear i saw a man walk into a shelf as he could not keep his eyes off of her... The sunglasses inside as if she wanted to hide were useless... She is not Chris famous but definitely getting there as her career took off after marrying Chris... Or maybe it was because she married Chris... I dont want to speculate on that... It does not matter...

I feel uncomfortable and i just want to disappear as she looks me up and down with nothing but disgust and contempt... "Hello Hannah..." I say clearing my throat... "Doing a little shopping are we?" She says with venom in her voice... "Ye-Yeah..." I say and she chuckles... "So much food for you alone?" She asks and i swallow hard... "Ye- Yeah... Dont feel like going out too much... Is getting to tiring..." I mumble and she chuckles... "Yeah, well you are massive... Maybe dont stuff your face with all that junk... You will never bounce back... Not that you were in great shape before..." She says and scoffs still that same venom in her voice... 

I dont know how to react... I am just stunned... Am i super model thin like her... No... But i was in shape... Just build different... I was not tall like her... I was not a size zero... I have curves... "Cat got your tongue..." She taunted me and i take a deep breath... "Yeah well, can't all be stick figures..." I mumble and she laughs, this totally fake and over exaugurated laugh... "So, when are you due...?" She asks grinning at me... "Few weeks..." I mumble looking around to see if anyone notices or even pays attention as i got this weird feeling... Or maybe it was my own paranoia... 

I mean... Her husband... Even if they were going to divorce was hiding out in my house... Officially they were still married... His baby in my belly... The proof of his infidelity safely tucked away inside of me... I rubbed my belly on instinct, and she looks disgusted at this... As if it annoyed her... 

"Aren't you going to ask me how i have been?" She says in this fake sweet voice... I look at her with big eyes... "Yeah of course... How are you?" I ask stuttering. I bite my tongue not wanting to let on that i know more than she thinks. "I am awful... Chris is leaving me... He has filed for divorce... Can you believe it... He is leaving meeeee..." She says and i wonder how it is possible that she is an actress as she pretends to cry but there are no tears... 

"That is... terrible..." I say and she looks at me squinting... "So, any new projects coming up?" I ask wanting to change the subject... She stops fake crying a smile appearing on her face like nothing has happened... "Ah yes... There is quite the Oscar buzz surrounding it already... Chris is going to regret divorcing me..." She says and it takes everything in me to not roll my eyes... 

"Okay well... I hope it works out for you..." I say as i want this to be over... I want to get out of here... I want to go home... It is weird... Yes, i feel guilty... What Chris and i have done is of course bad and should not have happened... But hearing her talk like this... It irks me... God i hate the sound of her voice... I hate how theatrical she is... The dramatic gestures and tone... I know divorcing is no fun... Most people would feel devastated but her words and face dont match... Her words sound sad but her face... Her face had this wicked look on it... A look that scared me... It was like she was pretending to be sad...

Something was just not right. She looks too sure of herself almost gleeful.... "Oh, it will... Dont worry about that, i just got from my lawyers office... I will get everything i want... Chris will get what he deserves..." She says her grin grows wider and she leans in... "And so will you... You and that evil spawn of yours..." She whispers and i look at her with big eyes... It feels like she just has punched me in the stomach and slapped my face at the same time... 

"What's wrong Willow...? Seen a ghost?" She asks smirking as i am just lost for words... She knows... She knows... She knows... Those words play over and over in my mind... I can feel the panic start to rise inside of me as i look at her like a deer in the headlights... 

"I know your little secret... Well... Not so little..." She whispers looking down in disgust at my belly before walking away waving at a man who turns bright red... I just watch her walk off... I just stand there feeling a anxiety attack coming up...