The Night He Left (OC Short)

CW: Suggestive Content

-

Amadeus cradled his beloved gently in his arms. He held Keres' body with a feather-light touch, like the slightest pressure would wound her delicate features. A stark contrast to how he touched her just earlier that night.

A Luv-Stix™ cigarette dangled between his lips, unlit. He didn't want the smoke to wake up his girl. His large hands gently brushed loose strands of long brown hair from her peaceful looking face.

His pink-eyed gaze trailed over her sleeping form, her pale, nude body a feast for his eyes. Across her form was evidence of their passionate encounter; Hickeys sprang across her neck, Bruises blossomed along her hips- The only flowers he knew how to give her.

Gently picking up her wrist, Amadeus turned her hand so the palm was facing up. He glanced intently at the ink embedded into the inside of her wrist; his name. Amadeus. Gods, that's his baby alright. Goddammit, does he love her more than anything in this hellscape of a multiverse.

She was the only one able to break down his walls. The only one able to get him to feel. He may be the God of Love, but before Keres.. he'd never loved a day in his life.

Which is why this would be so hard.

He sighed, gently rolling Keres' body off of his lap. Kicking off the semen-stained sheets, he slowly rose to his feet, pulling on his discarded clothing. He tried not to look around the room; all he'd find is reminders of him and Keres, and what could've been for them. Queen of the Underworld and the God of Love; power couple of the Divinities.

But Amadeus can't raise a kid. He can't. He's not cut out for it. Sure, he's a father to a bunch of children-but he doesn't know those children. All his kids, almost every Succubus and Incubus in this damn multiverse, he didn't raise them. He's just the man who helped create them. He's nothing more. He'll never be anything more.

Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Amadeus gives a long look at Keres one last time before he turns the cold metal handle of the door. He doesn't look back after that. He can't think more about what he's done. The life he's left behind.

The heart he's broken.

-