0001

THE FIRST MEETING

****

 *****

*****

Sephie watched from the pier as the sea darkened and swirled and the waves rose and turned violent. She watched as the rest of the people on the coast fled hurriedly, yet she did not feel the urgency to leave. In fact, Sephie has never felt so comfortable.

As she watched the brutal waves dance, Sephie noticed a figure coming from further out in the ocean, it looked like he was walking on the water. He was a tall man with long hair and golden skin and he was approaching her and the closer he came the more she knew that he was family. That he was her blood. When he was in front of her, Sephie stopped swinging and looked up at him. He looked like he was trying to say something he did not know how to express and his eyes seemed like they just taking her in.

Finally, finally, after a moment of silence, he said, "Why aren't you running?"

"Where would i go?" Sephie ran away from her aunt petunia's house a week ago and she would rather die in a storm rather than go back. She continued, "Who are you?"

"I am Poseidon."

She rolled her eyes at him, "No, silly, who are you to me?"

Poseidon laughed, he couldn't help it. Here he was almighty god of the sea, being sassed by a seven year old. He bent down on one knee to put himself at her eye level, and raised his hand towards her face, hoping to brush her hair away from her face. She flinched back from his hand and stared at his face, she must have seen something in his expression, because she sat back up and let him hold her face, and he couldn't help the smile the spread across his face at the trust she showed. "I am your father."

This close to his face, she finally noticed his eyes. They were identical to her own and that's the only reason she didn't immediately scoff at the claim. "My parents are dead. Who are you?"

"I am your father, however i am not your only father." He said as if it made all the sense in the world.

"What?"

"Your late parents were very dear to me, Sephie, and when they found out that your other father, James, is infertile, they asked me to.. uh.. fill in." Truthfully, it was a threesome, he just wasn't sure that's something you tell a seven year old.

"Why didn't you come sooner, then?" She asked with tears filling her eyes, and by chaos if he didn't curse the ancient laws at that moment.

"I'm sorry, my darling sephie, if i could i would have taken you away from that blasted house the moment I could, and yet even gods have limitations."

"Gods?"

"Yes, I am Poseidon, The god of the sea. I am not sure if you're familiar with Greek Mythology-"

"I'm familiar,"

"Well the myths are real- not the stories, those are mostly just stories, but the characters in the stories are real."

"So Ares is real?" She asked in a hopeful tone.

Poseidon paused at the question and raised an eyebrow. "Yes he is, all of them are real. The reason i couldn't come sooner is because the Ancient Laws of the gods forbid it, even now i wouldn't have been here if you didn't have that peculiar protection on you."

"What do you mean?"

"The life of a demigod is hard one, sweetling. Normally, you would have had all types of monsters chasing after, yet your mother, your brilliant mother, well, this needs a sit down. How would you like it if i told you about your parents?"

And so Poseidon explained how her parents were magic, how they lived brightly, how they died protecting her, and how the magic that came from a mother's love and sacrifice gave her protection from the greek world detecting her.

After the story Poseidon held her in his arms as she cried and swore to himself that he will protect her, and that's how Sephie ended up living uin a little secluded beach house in those island with a nereid for a nanny and constant visits from her father.