Chapter 67: Smooth Tides?

Summary: Chapter takes place 7 months later. The body of the Capitol discusses a nagging topic with Eleven and Lucas that the Capitol has been complaining about.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Seven months

Seven long and busy months.

But Lucas cannot complain though, him and Eleven both cannot complain. It has been some busy months but it has also been tremendous progress made.

More respect has been given to Eleven and definitely much praise because of her assisting with her powers when it comes to the building projects within the Districts. She assisted with making already hundreds of houses, District 12 being especially grateful that they finally have a living space that is not dirty and in poverty, and that the District is no longer starving as well.

It makes her enjoy her work more, her knowing that she is making a difference for people. She mostly participates with building projects and of course attending different monthly and mandatory meetings along with Lucas, but Lucas mostly dealing with the meetings and the statistics of things. She has assisted with the new Panem statue that she helped the construction team make in each District in the middle of the Districts. A pot of land is around the statue's as well as benches that way people can enjoy a lunch or just sit and admire the New Panem.

Lucas has enjoyed the progress they have made. It took a little time but for the past few months there has been no complaints when it comes to the Districts based on the Mayor's reports. The Memorial Center for the fallen tributes has already been built up, Max assisting with supplying the building with flowers, them just waiting on Dustin and Suzie and their team to get done with finding all of the names of the tributes.

And of course more important jobs being given to women, things being more equal for them. There now being women soldiers within Peacekeeper's and women in strong influential positions now. And of course women, men and children occasionally come forward to let their mayors know of any abusers or rapists or prosecutors that they have seen or know that way they can be rightfully punished.

Basically, ever since their rule and ever since they have changed the LawBook of Panem things have changed for the complete better.

But that doesn't stop some things that happen.

Rather....nagging things, one of the nagging things that Lucas and Eleven have grown to not look forward to.

The monthly body meetings.

Every month Lucas and Eleven gather with the Mayors of the Districts and the body of the Capitol to discuss the suggestions and the feedback the Capitol and the Districts are giving to be sure if they need to make any room for improvement with things.

But it has mostly been the body of the Capitol nagging about one particular thing.

"Okay." Eleven starts, her hair being in a low ponytail, her being in a white blouse and black pencil skirt with white heels on, her and Lucas being seated beside each other at the large oval table. They sit at the end seats while the body of the Capitol...consisting of seven members sitting at the left side of the oval table while all thirteen Mayors of the Districts sit at the right side, District 13 now being included within the New Panem.