Preface

Alright, so what are we doing here?

Here's the thing: back in 2020, I started writing a Huskerdust fanfic. It was named exactly the same as this one, "Habits of my Heart", and it's still available to read back in my profile.

BUT WAIT!

Before you go and read it, hear me out for a minute. The fanfic isn't finished, and it will never be. I lost inspiration for it, among other things, and thought I would never ever get it back.

Enter Hazbin Hotel (2024), available right now on Amazon Prime. I watched it; all six episodes available at the time of writing this (Friday, 26th of January, 2024, 5:16AM local time). And I absolutely loved every second of it.

And I decided, "Hey, what if I rewrote my old fanfic, changed some things here and there, kept some other things the same, and actually finished it?".

That is exactly what this is.

Now, if you wish to read the old version of this story, you're welcome to. If I didn't want you to read it, I would've deleted it, but I won't. I'll keep it there for posterity, in case anyone is curious to read it and compare it to this one, etcetera. However, it'll be riddled with spoilers for this one. I mean, I plan on changing a significant amount of things, but still.

This could take a while. I want to plan this fic carefully, plus I'll be collaborating with an artist (who prefers to remain anonymous) to create a cover and some drawings of certain scenes in the chapters. As excited as I am to start this journey again, I don't want to rush anything. Your patience is and will be eternally appreciated.

If you're a new reader and want to experience it without spoilers, then be patient and read this one as I post it. When I finish it, you can go and compare it, just for funsies.

If you're an old reader, then welcome back! I'm so glad you're joining me again on this journey. We had a lot of fun last time. Let's have a lot more fun now.

Oh, and before I forget. Just like last time, if you wish to draw a scene or character from this fanfic, you don't need to ask for permission at all. All I ask of you is to let me know so I can see it and add it to a section here in the fic so everyone can see it, with all the proper credits, of course.

Thanks for reading all this. If you're new, I hope you enjoy the show, and if you're coming back, I hope you have fun reminiscing and reading the new version.

- Love, Vi ♡

PS: English still isn't my first language, so I may make mistakes. Thanks for your patience!