[01]

Chapter one

 T o d a y 's   W o r l d

Bab satu-

D u n i a   H a r i   I n i

Note: 

This specific book you are reading right now has mentions of past events, thoughts of suicide, bullying and so much more. By the way this book is a bilingual book meaning it supports 2 languages. 

Also, if you feel like you don't want to read this book, you may stop reading. My writing consists of irrelevant topics, misspellings, wrong grammar and many other things. 

Thank you, and happy reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Eng)

(Present time)

10:09 PM

The world around me is quite different, more different than what the world used to look like when I was small. Now I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The city bursting through the walls of the forest, with buildings standing elegantly covering every bit of sunlight.

I can't sleep. 

Ishh, so hard to sleep! With all the traffic! 

Ever since my father died, I had a frown that was taped to my face, and nothing made the frown go away. Even things that made me happy, they didn't help. My portrait of father and me smiling... It made me tear up little. 

No. Don't cry.

You are now 13 years old, entering secondary school.

Form 1, to be precise.

School literally fucking sucks. Without my father helping me with my homework, I feel like nothing can help me. 

Luckily, I have a stuffed animal that my father bought for me. It was a little cow with pink spots. It was cute, but just hugging it made me remember how my father looked like. Small, narrow eyes, oval like face...

All these features ransacked into my brain and then I let out a small, soft cry. "F-father..."

My mother came to check on me, it was quite late and she found someone curled up in a ball hiding underneath the blanket. She saw me, crying in despair. 

"M-ma-" I let out.

"You don't need to tell me, i know." Mother said, sitting on the side of my bed with one arm on my shoulder. "Tell me darling, what's going on in your mind? You have not smiled for over a year, is everything okay?"

"M-ma... I miss father so much, do you think he will come back?" I asked, sniffling.

"I don't think he ever will, but he is watching us from the skies. You are not lonely," Mother said gently. "God is with you, along with the angels... me and your friends." 

"Mother, really you didn't have to say that..." I said, adjusting my posture. "The truth is, Father had left so unexpectedly. What actually happened to him Ma?" 

"Oh sweetie, he had a heart attack..." Mother said, her smiling fading away to a frown. 

A heart attack?

"He didn't tell you, he was planning to keep it a secret so you won't get worried about him. He was basically hiding it from you." 

"I know how sad you are, you were lucky to have a great, loving and caring father...