☆ Chapter 3 - It's a beautiful night, isn't it? ☆

After another seemingly interminable flight filled with the repetitive grumblings from Joestar-san about the Japanese "stealing his daughter" echoing through the cabin, your patience had worn thin. The thousandth utterance of that sentiment, you vowed silently, and you wouldn't hold back any longer.

Arriving in Japan, the city lights sparkling below, Holly, Joseph's daughter, awaited them in the terminal. The moment their eyes met, an immediate, hug occurred, stretching into a peculiar tickling session initiated by Mrs. Kujo. The scene was undoubtedly bizarre, leaving you with a bemused expression.

As you stood there, feeling the weight of someone's gaze, you turned to find Avdol staring at you. A warm smile graced his face, and you responded with a subtle side smile before resuming your stoic demeanor. Avdol, a fatherly figure to you, had a way of bridging the gaps with a simple expression.

With Holly in tow, the trio proceeded to the jail, where the three adults engaged in a serious discussion about the matter at hand. However, your exhaustion had reached its peak, and you found yourself zoning out. Even from what little you overheard, it seemed Jotaro was going to be a formidable challenge.

 You had no inclination to deal with a stubborn, irate individual.

Upon reaching the jail, you approached the cell where Jotaro, a teenager who looked deceptively older, sat. Mrs. Kujo attempted to explain the situation, while Mr. Joestar emphasized that it was not an "evil spirit" but rather a Stand. Your mind, fatigued and indifferent, observed the impending confrontation.

"I've had enough of you bullshit. Get out of the fucking cell," you stated with a directness that matched the weariness in your voice.

A tense gaze was exchanged, and when he refused, you nodded. In response to Mr. Joestar's instruction, you reached into your pocket, producing a small knife. Your Stand, now a manifestation of incredible speed and strength, cracked the bars, and you held a knife to Jotaro's neck.

"Move on, or the price you'll pay will be high," you warned.This time, he complied.

Now seated in a cafe, Mr. Joestar recounted the events to his grandson. Jotaro, perpetually annoyed, questioned your involvement. Unfazed, you responded, "I just beat you with sheer force. Does the idea of a relentless Stand really sound so weird?"

The tension lingered, and Avdol subtly kicked you under the table, a signal to depart. Understanding, you excused yourself to smoke. Out in the cool night, frustration welled up. Who did this kid think he was? Lit cigarette in hand, you brooded over the recent events.

The door opened, revealing Jotaro, who surprisingly asked, "Mind if I take one?" Without a word, you tossed the package and lighter to him. In a rare moment, you apologized, recognizing the necessity of working together.

"Don't worry," he replied, taking a drag.

As the door opened again, the three adults exited. Feeling a mix of irritation and curiosity, you headed back to the Kujo Residence.

The sight of the house left you in awe; you'd never seen such grandeur. Exhaustion settled in, and all you desired was a good night's sleep.

In the tea room, conversations unfolded between Mr. Joestar, Avdol, and you. Holly called everyone for dinner, and you expressed gratitude. The meal surpassed all expectations.

After dinner, Holly showed you to your room. Alone in the silence, you wrestled with a futon, shedding your cloak, then crawled into the futon, attempting to sleep.

However, a few hours later, a nightmare jolted you awake, leaving you in a cold sweat. With a shaky breath, you grabbed cigarettes and a lighter, making your way to the garden. The quiet maze of the house led you to a koi pond, where you watched fish swim, attempting to find solace.

Sensing a presence, you turned to find Jotaro behind you. "Catch," you said, tossing him the cigarettes and lighter.

"Thank you," he replied. Silence enveloped the night, and you spoke, 

"It's a beautiful night, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is," he answered.

After a prolonged silence, he handed back your cigarettes and left, bidding you a simple "See you tomorrow morning." In the quiet night, for the first time, the silence felt comfortable and shared.

To Be Continued