☆ Chapter 5 - It'll get your brains next! ☆

As Kioku approached the Kujo household, the evening sun cast long shadows across the walkway.

Mrs. Holly, diligently sweeping away fallen leaves, paused to glance at Kioku's approach.

Kioku's presence, as always, emitted an air of quiet sternness, her piercing gaze absorbing the surroundings.

"Oh, my son is thinking about me right now, I just know it!"

"I'm not thinking about you, Bitch."

"J-Jotaro! You're supposed to be at school! And, Kioku, w-who's that?!"

Kioku lets Jotaro do the talking, Jotaro sighs. "I just need to find the old man, where is he?"

"The tea room!"

Mrs. Holly's expression softened, and she looked at Kioku a mixture of curiosity and concern.

"Kioku! What happened? Are you alright?!"

Kioku's usually reserved demeanor showed a flicker of vulnerability as Mrs. Holly expressed concern. Aware of her disheveled appearance after being thrown into a wall, Kioku nodded appreciatively.

"I'm okay, Mrs. Holly. Do you have any sewing supplies I could use?"

"Yes! I'll bring them to the tea room, along with a first-aid kit!"

"Thanks." Kioku adjusted her hood, the subtle movement unveiling a face shrouded in mystery.

Following Jotaro, Kioku couldn't help but notice the concerned glances from Avdol and Mr. Joestar as they immersed themselves in researching DIO's whereabouts within the tea room.

Slumping against the wall, near the spot where Jotaro had laid Kakyoin, Kioku became an observer to the unfolding events.

"What happened?!" Mr. Joestar looked perplexed.

"Kioku! Are you alright?" Avdol inquired with genuine concern.

"I'm fine, and this is one of DIO's servants. This means that he's already having people come after us."

As Kakyoin's bangs shifted slightly, revealing the grotesque sight of a flesh bud protruding from his forehead, It looked like something straight out of a hentai.

"Hm," You knelt beside Kakyoin, examining the flesh bud. "I think this was controlling him, inserted into his brain," she grimaced as the bud moved. "Plus, it's alive."

As Mr. Joestar protested, Kioku initiated the extraction process with Jotaro.

During the delicate procedure, two tentacles emerged from the bud, one landing in Jotaro's hand and the other in Kioku's. Their synchronized movements displayed a harmony that hinted at an unspoken connection.

"Stop it, you two! It'll get your brains next! Jus-" Mr. Joestar's objection was interrupted by Avdol.

"Kioku and Jotaro are sure in their capabilities. When the fleshbud entered them, they didn't even move. Do not interrupt them, Mr. Joestar."

The fleshbuds reached their necks, but Kioku and Jotaro remained focused. As the bud passed her ear, Kioku felt the last of it leave Kakyoin's body. Jotaro pulled it out, and Mr. Joestar unleashed his Hamon, incinerating the bud.

"Damn, that was a close one," Kioku sighed in relief. Holly entered to tend to Kakyoin's wounds and handed her the sewing kit, a gesture of kindness amidst the chaos.

After leaving the room, Kioku found Jotaro deep in discussion with Avdol and Mr. Joestar.

"Oi, Jiji, What's her deal?"

"What do you mean?"

"What's with Kioku? She's strange as hell."

Mr. Joestar chuckled and gestured to Avdol, who began to explain Kioku's enigmatic background....

In her room, Kioku, clad in a cloak and jeans.

She grabbed a book and a pack of cigarettes, heading to the garden. Surprisingly, Jotaro joined her on a bench.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine, wanna come smoke with me?"

"Sure."

The two sat in companionable silence, the evening air carrying the weight of unspoken thoughts. As Kioku immersed herself in her book, she sensed a subtle shift in Jotaro's demeanor.

"Thanks," he mumbled.

"For?"

"Earlier."

"Don't worry too much about it. I'm here for a reason," Kioku replied, her crimson eyes meeting his in a silent acknowledgment of shared burdens.

"I'll see you at dinner," he said as she walked away, receiving a nod in response.

...

Back in the shared room with Kakyoin, Kioku handed him a plate and sat across, resuming the task of sewing her cloak. The room carried an atmosphere of quiet introspection.

"Um," Kakyoin cleared his throat, "could you tell me about what happened at the school?""I don't mind. When I come with your food, I will."

...

After leaving Kakyoin, Kioku went to the dining room where Avdol expressed concern.

"Akira, I have a question."

"What'd I do this time?"

"Why didn't you tell me you got injured?"

"Do not worry, Avdol, I've got it under control. Just trust me."

"Alright, Kioku,"

Mr. Joestar chuckled. "You really do sound like a father, Avdol."

...

After dinner, Kioku took extra food to Kakyoin, explaining the events at the school as they agreed to share information.

...

In her room once again, Kioku resumed her activities. As she prepared to leave, Kakyoin stopped her.

"Why did you help me? I-I almost killed you."

After a moment of contemplation, Kioku responded, "I don't know actually," before leaving for the night, leaving a lingering sense of mystery in the room.

To Be Continued...