ఌ︎ 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵛⁱⁱⁱ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵛⁱⁱⁱ

carolina put her arrow in position, placing it on her bow. just as she did everyday in the late afternoon, she was practicing archery to distract herself from all the overwhelming thoughts.

however, she didn't expect the cause of those thoughts to appear at her side. "hey." she quickly turned raising her arrow, finding percy now in front of her. he raised his hands at the sight of the arrow just a few inches away from him. "i usually prefer talking without an arrow pointing at me." she let out a sigh as she put the arrow down.

"sorry, you scared me."

"what are you doing here?"

"i could ask you the same question." she said putting down her bow and turning to face him unarmed. "i was just practicing. have you spoken to the oracle yet?"

"who?"

"not who. what. the oracle." she explained. percy let out a sigh of frustration.

"can somebody here give me an actual answer?" he asked. lina pressed her lips and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "that's it. i wanna go home."

"percy, you are home." she said. "this is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"you mean, mentally disturbed kids?"

"i mean not human. not totally human, anyway. half-human."

"half-human and half-what?" she raised her eyebrows.

"i think you know." percy looked down at his hands, proving her right.

"god. half-god." she nodded.

"your father isn't dead, percy. he's one of the olympians." she explained.

"that's... crazy."

"is it? what's the most common thing the gods did in the old series? they ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?"