Chapter 6

Evie visited me at the shop I work today.

My boss isn't someone who's strict towards their employees so he just said it would be pleasure to meet my best friend.

"So tell me about last week." She says, sitting in front of me.

"There is nothing to talk about, actually." I say as I check the chords of an acoustic guitar. "I played few songs, and then left." I lie.

"That's it?" She asks again. "I wish I could be there for you. I hate how my mum acts towards me. She still thinks I'm thirteen."

She was right. She was twenty years old but her mother kept acting like she was still a kid.

"No worries. I will make a video next time for you."

She chuckles. "You better do. Oh by the way-"

Our conversation was interrupted by a loud noise from the entrance of the shop.

"You prick!"

I stand up as I see the person who walked in like some kind of an animal.

"What's going on?" Evie whispers to me, looking confused.

"I don't know." I tell her.

"Harry, what's wrong-" my boss tried to talk but Harry interrupts him.

"You did it, right?" He raises his voice. He was about to say something but as soon as he sees us, he sighs.

"Get out."

"Why?" Evie asks. "Aren't you the guy from the club?"

"I said get out." Harry repeats.

Who does he think he is?

"Well I'm not going to let you yell at my boss." I tell him, walking towards them.

I work with my boss for over two years and he has always been so nice to me. He always had my back so I'm not going to let someone make him feel bad.

"So either you tell me what your problem is, or I'm going to stay here."

I thought I went too far for a second because the look he has on his face right now, kinda scares the shit out of me.

"I'll be out in a sec." My boss tells me. "Don't worry about it."

I look at Harry again and then huff. I seriously don't want to leave but I don't wanna push my buttons either.

So I only say, "Fine."

Evie and I walked out of the shop- still wanting to go back in but we didn't.

"What's all this about?" Evie asks again.

'No idea' I wanted to say. Because I had no idea.

Oh.

Wait a minute.

Was he talking about that bag? The bag that was full with drugs instead of money? Why would my boss be involved in this?

"I have no idea." I lie. I didn't want to tell her about what happened that night. I know this was about Harry's private life and it wasn't my place to tell anyone about it.

"Should we go in?" Evie interrupts my thoughts. I look inside, seeing my boss and Harry talking.

I hope it stays this way.

"I don't think we should." I say. But then I remember what Evie told me earlier. "You don't have to stay, I know you are going out with Adam."

"Oh, right." She says as if she has forgotten about it. "Right."