Chapter 58.

Eddie's P.O.V

It's not what I expected.

And I had to explain to my girlfriend what happened. The last thing I wanted was for her to be angry at me.

The two of us sat down on her bed and I told her exactly what happened.

Earlier that day...

"Hey, Chrissy," I said walking up to her. "So (Y/n) might be a bit worried about you. If you want to talk we can go outside."

Chrissy nodded her head and I led the way to the backyard.

We sat down at the picnic table that was out there.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I don't want you to be mad, and I certainly don't want (Y/n) to be mad."

"I won't be mad."

"Okay, but still. If you're not going to be then (Y/n) definitely will be."

"Chrissy you can tell me anything."

"Just know that I am super happy for you and
(Y/n)." She said with a sad smile.

"Thank you."

We sat there in silence for a moment.

Chrissy looked down at her lap "I have to tell you something Eddie, and I am not sure you're going to like it very much."

"Okay."

"Remember before spring break when I asked you to give me some drugs."

"Uh, yeah, I definitely remember that." I laughed nervously.

"Well, that day I thought that it was nice of you to help me out. And you told me that you couldn't give me the drugs..."

"Yeah."

"When I got home that night I was so pissed off at you. I wanted you to give me something to help me. I've been having such a shitty time at home with my mother."

Chrissy looked up at me, "Of course, I got over it. You were right, I didn't need to do drugs."

"Chrissy, why would I be mad?" I didn't mean to rush her, but I wondered why I would've been mad at her.

"I knew Jason wasn't good for me either and I know that you had a crush on me years ago. I didn't think anything of it though, and I did remember you back in middle school. I just played along with the 'dumb blonde' who's dating the jock."

Where the hell was this going?

"I'm confused," I said arching my brow.

"I had a crush on you too. While I was with Jason I had such a huge crush on you."

Oh shit!

"Jason and you were somewhat friends at the time and I eventually told him I wanted to break up with him and he was pissed and he asked why I wanted to break up."

Shiiiit!!!

"I told him that I liked someone else and he asked who and I told him it was you."

"That explains why he's was always so pissed with me."

"I never thought I would feel that way for you Eddie.."

"Because I was a freak?"

"No, not that. You and I were so completely different from each other. But I found you so endearing and kind and so sweet."

Chrissy..." This was a bad idea.

"Let me finish, please."

"Okay."